Questions before buying equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since your only using a 5 gal pot i assume your doing partial boils. But i would also buy a some fermcap S because boil overs are really easy in a 5 gal pot. I can't tell you how many times that stuff has saved my butt.

What department are you referring to? I went where the pots and pans section and all they had were 22qt which is the biggest I've seen locally and it was 50 bucks! Online for a 20qt @ 38 or so looks quite appealing after seeing that!

I found mine near the pots, but not with them. Theres a lot of hispanic people in my area, and I think they use them for tamales or something. Was a 34 qt pot, with steamer basket, for $23.

If they have canning supplies, they might be near them.

As for turkey fryers, check Bass Pro (for the guy in MA).

I've got one of those 5g polarware stainless pots, and they're not bad, but I don't see any advantage with it over my bigger aluminum pot.

Repeated earlier message. Sorry, I'm not used to moderation of comments.

The 24 qt is available in his local club as it was in mine. It's different than the one you linked to. It's this one and it's listed as available for pickup at the Zanesville, OH club.

It's in the restaurant supply aisle at the back of the grocery section before the freezers. I bought mine on Wednesday.

The pot I got is very thick, very sturdy, and the bottom is as flat as any other pan I've ever had. It even comes with a lid.

Awesome! I do have a membership.. two, actually (work and personal). It's a couple more bucks but it will give me 1 more gallon to work with. It will also lessen my order with midwest (which is good) as I'm strapped for cash this week.

Thanks everyone!

Since your only using a 5 gal pot i assume your doing partial boils. But i would also buy a some fermcap S because boil overs are really easy in a 5 gal pot. I can't tell you how many times that stuff has saved my butt.

I think I'm going with a 6gal. I have the rest of this week to re-read "how to brew" and also read over the book I just got a few days ago "Complete Joy of Home Brewing".

Thanks for the response

Back