Questions about "after washing" yeast... HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damnyankee

Reaction score
Hi All,

I searched and followed directions to wash/rewash yeast in my trub (thanks to those posters - the instructs were simple to follow!). However, I didn't see anything discussing how much of the yeast to pitch in the next batch of brew...

So after bottling my hefe today, I saved the WLP300 Hefe yeast by washing/rewashing the yeast, and placed the yeast in four sterile mason jars per the instructs.

Now the questions:

1. "How much" of the yeast should get pitched into my next 5 gallon batch of brew? 1 mason jar's worth? (I thought yeast was counted by the number...?)

2. I have kept several WLP300 test tubes...could I keep the yeast in these vials? If so, how much of the total volume should be yeast? 1/4 full of yeast? 1/2? 3/4?

Thanks in advance,

DY

Use Mr Malty and select pitch from slurry. Leave the slurry thickness at the default and that will get you pretty close.

Latest posts

Back