Question from a noob.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macdonald87

Reaction score
Sorry for this question I have read through most of the keezer forums. And I can't seem to find the answer. If someone knows a link my appoligizes, could you post the link?

But I can't seem to understand how the temperature over ride on a keezer works. I have some minor knowledge in electricity but I don't understand that part of the builds.

Are you talking about using an external temp controller like an ebay one or some other style? If that's the case, basically you plug the power cord of the freezer into that, and plug the temp controller into the power outlet. You set a base temp. The controller will turn on or off depending on the temp of the freezer (determined by a temp probe in the freezer.)

If the temp is higher than the desired temp, the temp controller will tun on and send power to the freezer's line which (after a pre-set compressor delay) the compressor will turn on and run until it reaches that temp, or slightly below, then the compressor will shut off.

When the temp rises above the set temp, there will be a compressor delay again just to make sure the temp swing is real, and fire the compressor again. With a well set system, with good insulation and maybe a fan to cycle the air. You should need to have the compressor fire on all that much.

The keezer's own temp regulator might not be able to be set high enough. The common method is to wire an external one as the previous posters mentioned. I did this last week using the method outlined here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/control-products-dual-relay-60-shipped-amazon-257391/

It's a simple project and took less than an hour. Just make sure to hook up the live wire to the relay, not the common as initially shown in that thread.

Back