Question for Tilt Users: Switching beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DVCNick

Reaction score
So I got a Tilt a couple weeks ago and did a water test. Everything seems good mostly, my spreadsheet was updating, etc. Missed a few intervals over 12 hours but no big deal.

Today I dropped it into the fermenter for its first real beer, my tablet is getting readings every 5 seconds like normal, my spreadsheet got one more interval uploaded on the "water test" beer.

Then I typed in a name for this actual beer, and the cloud updates have stopped. No new email with a new sheet, and no new intervals to the old one. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I don't see anything immediately obvious in their FAQs or vidoes.
Thanks

C220E02C-26F8-4665-B2B8-5A5EC9E4CB2F.png

not saying that’ll fix it, but I forgot to rename a beer in my tiltpi awhile back and needed to re-enter the email when I noticed it.

You'll miss those first logs obviously, but it should just restart a brand new spreadsheet and chart. You can probably manually enter the missed data points, though.

Guess it could look different if you're not using iOS, but I would assume going into settings would bring up the same, or a very similar menu

It does bring up a similar menu but the email option has disappeared ever since I entered it the first time.

Hmm, I guess I haven't entered mine in the app for quite awhile, but I don't remember it disappearing completely. It should have a way to just reset and/or start a new log

Ok I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the gmail field was back. Looks like it is updating now on a new sheet.

The tablet I'm using for this is positively ancient; I don't know if that matters.

I have two now and love them. Great customer service, too. I had one that died for some reason. It was well past the 30 days from Amazon. I contacted Tilt and they immediately sent me a new one.

Yeah, we're probably talking something like that in terms of age...
Looking closely after the reinstall and entering the email again, the "email" note is gone again, but the "comment" field where the email was entered is actually still there. So I'm hoping I'll just know that is where the email goes and I'll be able to switch beers in the future without reinstalling the app; I guess time will tell. I'll just have to know which field it is without the label.

So far the device has worked great; the app and back end stuff I think could be better but overall I'm glad I got it.

It was working great, dropping exactly as I expected with generally pretty stable readings. It's in what is basically a light brut ale that should go to 1.000. This morning at 1.002 I threw an oz of dry hop in... that sent the gravity readings a little bonkers. First it went to .998 almost right away and ever since, has been bouncing around from 1.003 to 007. I guess we'll see what happens when most of the hops sink.

Back