question for ThermaPen users....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayberQue

Reaction score
Long before brewing beer I began a life long love affair with BBQ. Hence i have super fast red and ultra super mega fast white thermapens. I am in the design/purchase stage of a single tier rims build. From the begining i have used the thermapens to calibrate thermometers and check temps. I would now like to use them to check temps from a few different locations, inline and sidewall, via thermowells. If any thermapen users out there use thermowells to check temps, what thermowells do you use?

I do use a thermapen for taking temps all over, but never in thermowell. It might be easier to install a permanent thermometer in the side of the kettle. My boilermaker has one and it's got all the important temps marked on the thermometer face already.

I'm just thinking the probe probably isn't long enough to work in a thermowell.

see i was thinking about using it with 4 inch thermowells and considering that the probe is 4 1/2" it should be long enough. the reason i ask this question is to eliminate the use of permanently mounted dial thermometers, i trust the therma pen reading alot more than dials and dont want a dial mounted everywhere i would like to take a readling. thanks for the response tho.

Bump!

@JayberQue: Did you ever find a thermowell for the ThermaPen that you liked?

Kal

Back