Question about my new pilot light assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limulus

Reaction score
Hello Lads,
I have a question about my new pilot light. I was going to install this and test it today, but I found a small piece that was loose in the box. I'm sure it is important and is probably a small gas jet or whatever the proper name is. I have attached three photos and hopefully, someone will know what this is and where it goes. I will call the manufacturer tomorrow if necessary.

The final photo is from the manufacturers site and shows how the assembly looks when installed. I'll be using a 110v electric valve instead of a manual valve.

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

DSC_0113.jpg

jetc200pilotinstalledb.jpg

Actually, I think mine would look more like this one, but I do plan to install an electric valve:

grill1_venturi_pilot_controls.jpg

Actually, I think mine would look more like this one, but I do plan to install an electric valve:

The leftover part looks like a screw in orifice for standard burners, not required with jets.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

My guess would be that it's an orifice for the pilot burner. Take the pilot tip off the tubing and look for an orifice threaded on the inside.

It may be you don't have any orifice installed now, or it may be an optional orifice used when switching between natural gas and LP.

Bingo, you guys are correct. BTW, I sent an email to tejassmokers.com yesterday with photos and the guy actually called me today to tell me what it was and where it went. Darn good service!

One more question about this setup:
I screwed in the orifice into the connector that screws into the air intake at the burner (just like the photo from the website above). The pilot light works great, but the main burner just would not light. Now my regulator is frozen and won't turn. I was using the Bayou Classic 30psi regulator and the hose that came with it. With that setup did I need to screw in that little orifice? I just can't figure out why the burner would not light and then the regulator knob is now frozen. Damn, this is annoying.

Back