Question about fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhfd64

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Brand new member and future brewer here. I'm trying to get a handle on a few things before I fire up my first batch. I'm planning a nectarine hefe. Two weeks in primary, followed by another 1.5 to 2 in secondary on top of the nectarines. Where I'm looking for clarification is in the bottling process. Do I rack again to a bottling bucket, or do I put the nectarines in the bottling bucket to begin with and bottle straight from there? Are priming sugars still necessary prior to bottling, or do the nectarines take care of that for me? Thanks for any advice.

Hello everyone. Brand new member and future brewer here. I'm trying to get a handle on a few things before I fire up my first batch. I'm planning a nectarine hefe. Two weeks in primary, followed by another 1.5 to 2 in secondary on top of the nectarines. Where I'm looking for clarification is in the bottling process. Do I rack again to a bottling bucket, or do I put the nectarines in the bottling bucket to begin with and bottle straight from there? Are priming sugars still necessary prior to bottling, or do the nectarines take care of that for me? Thanks for any advice.

Do I rack again to a bottling bucket, or do I put the nectarines in the bottling bucket to begin with and bottle straight from there?

you will want to rack off the fruit from the 2ndary carboy to the bottling bucket, probably a few hours atleast before you bottle so the beer can clear up and stuff can fall out of suspension.

Are priming sugars still necessary prior to bottling, or do the nectarines take care of that for me?

yes you will need to add priming sugar prior to bottling still. The fruit will kick off a 2ndary fermentation when they are introduced but this will be short lived and quick.

n/p if you dont mind... post your recipe and a picture of the final product and some tasting notes!! let us know how it goes!

Back