PVC Aeration Wand For Drill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasjr16

Reaction score
While sitting around this morning and reading a bit more on the electricbrewery site I came across aeration wands that can be used with drills.

Any reason why a PVC tube, t fitting on one end (with 2" extensions off the bottom t), and a drill bit JB welded onto the opposite end wouldn't work for aeration in a bucket?

I did a Google image search and didn't come across any DIY versions. It should be <$10 in materials and a simple project but didn't know if anyone has tried this and not continued its use for any specific reasons.

I don't see why it would work. However, shaking is a very efficient and low cost option as well.

Not to mention all the microbes and contamination possibilities hiding in your drill just waiting to fall into your beautifully fertile wort.

Like eternal student , my drills get into some horrible places, the contamination issue for me makes them a no no, I also think the whole aeration thing is utter BS .

Back