Putting NB recipe into Beersmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm747

Reaction score
I'm looking to add the following grains to Beersmith, but they aren't listed. Any ideas?

MASH INGREDIENTS
-- 7.5 lbs. Rahr 2-row pale
--.5 lbs. Briess Caramel 80
--.25 lbs. Briess Caramel 60

Thanks!

Tim

If they are not listed, look if you can download them as an add-on. The Rahr, I believe, I had to add myself. Or you could just use another decent U.S. 2-Row malt that is in the ingredient database for calculation purposes instead.

Speaking of add-ons, most NB recipes are an add-on in Beer Smith. You have to download by style, but they are there. The only thing you have to do is edit the equipment profiles and yeast package date.

Thanks, I found them. Does anyone know how to change the price of grain globally in BS 2.0? I googled it and the instructions don't seem to apply...

NB is local to me ( yay Minneapolis/St Paul!) however I noticed a few discrepancies between at least the recipe on the NB website vs the import from Beersmith. The American Amber @ NB says 6lbs of Rhar 2 row, 2 lbs of Munich and 1lb caramel 60. But I think that either beer smith and or iBrewmaster sets the recipe as 8lbs 2row, 1lb Munich, and 1 lbs caramel60L. Just something I noticed.

Back