Puree Amount?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan46nbrew

Reaction score
I'm making a raspberry saison and using aseptic raspberry puree. On the companies website they recommend using 0.5-2.5 lbs of puree per gallon of beer. However they also state that if it is added to fermentation you can add more counting on most of the sugars being fermented which I'm planning on doing. I'm looking for a strong taste of raspberry but also want some of the grain character to come through as well. I'm using a combination of WLP Belle Saison II and WY French Saison for yeast and made a 5 gallon starter with 17 oz of DME for an 11.5 gallon batch of wort. Would 4 pounds of puree per gallon of beer be too much?

fwiw, looking at my raspberry hibiscus wheat recipe, I used 9 pounds of raspberry puree for a 10 gallon batch, and it had plenty of raspberry flavor that lasted 'til the end of the second keg...

Cheers!

Back