Pumpkin ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On deck I have A Pumpkin Ale,Should I rack to secondary or leave in primary,it's been in primary for one week now.glass carboy being used,,should I dry hop it? all ideals will be considered,,thank you

is the pumpkin in the primary with it or not?

I like to think of pumpkin ale as being light in flavor, to let the pumpkin shine through a little, so i vote no dry hop.

willrodgers5050 said:
On deck I have A Pumpkin Ale,Should I rack to secondary or leave in primary,it's been in primary for one week now.glass carboy being used,,should I dry hop it? all ideals will be considered,,thank you

Search for yuri's thunderstruck pumpkin ale.
He recommends boiling and primarying with the pumpkin, then racking to a secondary to help clear the beer. I have a batch in primary now, and there is a ton of sediment from all the pumpkin.

Just made the Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale. Added mine to the mash. Gonna add some spices when I rack it..

Search for yuri's thunderstruck pumpkin ale.
He recommends boiling and primarying with the pumpkin, then racking to a secondary to help clear the beer. I have a batch in primary now, and there is a ton of sediment from all the pumpkin.

I did the same with revvy's pumpkin porter 2 weeks ago.

My 7 gallon primary appeared to have 2 gallons of sediment in the bottom when i moved it from my ersatz fermentation chamber to the basement closet for further conditioning. I may or may not rack to secondary this weekend. Might want to leave it on the sediment for another week or two.

Basically I'm hoping that the sediment compacts and i get a little more beer out of there.

I usually leave in primary for a month, then bottle/keg. The beer usually clears fine, and the sediment becomes fairly compact. Brewing my pumpkin tomorrow

I boiled the pumpkin then strained the wort,seems to be good,gonna get A g.reading tomorrow.Tha nks everyone for the input,think im gonna rack to secondary and let it sit for 10 days then bottle.

Back