Pruno.....yummy....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was something I read in a brew magazine about a contest at one of the beer festivals. You had to make a prison brew using only regular household items, just like pruno, I guess. Chalk that up as one of those things I will not be doing in the near future. Or ever.

rightwingnut said:
There was something I read in a brew magazine about a contest at one of the beer festivals. You had to make a prison brew using only regular household items, just like pruno, I guess. Chalk that up as one of those things I will not be doing in the near future. Or ever.
Man, how would you get judges to try some of those brews, GAAGG!:p Would you rate them on the shade of green you would turn after tasting it?

Boy, does this sound disgusting. But I bet someone on here tries it. The article is pretty funny.

MAKE YOUR OWN PRUNO AND MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

Enjoy....

EDIT: Wow, NUCC got to this before I did...way before. This just showed up on Metafilter.com today. Thanks, moderators!

A couple buddies and I tried making that on our last deployment to the Persian Gulf. Never been sicker in my life, coupled with the 140+ degree temps on the flight deck, I wanted to die. I really contemplated jumping into the intake of an F/A18 just to make the pain go away.

Wait...why add ketchup?
Just cuz they happen to have it??
seems like it would taste better without all of that delicious vinegar.

There's nothing quite like a hand-crafted vintage of pruno to get those embers of lust burning bright. Ask that little prison ***** you've had your eye on to split one of these with you and he'll be tossing salads like the caterer at a weight-loss convention.

holy necropost! three plus years! ;)

Yeah, what happened was, a link to the 2005 article was posted earlier this week on Metafilter.com, and I thought it would be good for this audience, so I started a new thread. One of the moderators saw it, and melded it into the this three-year-old thread.

Man everything old is new again....I remember posting this very Nihilism and hate recipe in a Pruno thread last year....

I still maintain that they should have left the orange peels in the bag...and throw in some coriander...

:D

You know, I bet you could make a killing smuggling turbo yeast into prisons. Not that I condone that, or would take part, or insert here whatever statement makes me not liable o_O

Was watchin that 'doc block' show lockup on cnbc the other week and they briefly showed confiscated plans for a still on the inside--claimed that they made 98% pure grain alcohol in it.....

Back