Pros and Cons Bottling vs Kegging...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 vote for kegging hands down. Now that I know about the BMBF, I see no cons whatsoever. Yeah it's a little more expensive, but so is every upgrade in this hobby. If you are patient, equipment will come to you over time. Over the years I've been given 3 cornies, 3 different size CO2 tanks, a dual gauge regulator, and three faucets.

One issue I have with kegging is where to put the keezer/fridge? We have a large house, but there is nowhere to put the keezer that would keep SWMBO happy. Except the garage. Go to the garage every time to get a pint? And, no way would she let me spend $$$$$$$ and time on a nice wood trimmed keezer.

There is a plus side to having your keezer in the garage. it's close to your equipment, and any time you go to the garage for any other reason, you can have a small/large pull of homebrew without anyone noticing.;)

There is a plus side to having your keezer in the garage. it's close to your equipment, and any time you go to the garage for any other reason, you can have a small/large pull of homebrew without anyone noticing.;)

True! If you spend a lot of time in the garage, you got beer right there.

I brew with a friend and split our beer down the middle. He keeps the keg in his garage fridge and I bottle with the BMBF to take my share home or stop by and take it to parties. I am at his house most days anyways with his attached 1100 sq ft. garage to do projects and generally hang out. I love having a kegging system and starting my own keezer project soon. He pulled off the tap every now and then and realized he had blown through the red ale we recently made. I only got about a gallon of it. :( He said it was to easy to just keep drinking. Lol. I get more of the brown we have going in this week to make up for my loss. Kegging is soooooo easy. Saving time is worth the extra money we shelled out for the system.

Back