Programming a flashed STC-1000

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dfitz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a thread on these forums that will explain (in layman terms) how to program a flashed STC-1000?

I found something that explains it but I'm not much into programming and it's somewhat Greek to me.

By flashed, I'm assuming you mean for the STC 1000+ build thread that Alphaomega wrote, correct? I flashed one myself, love that it converted to F from C.

Its a bit clunky, but it works like this. Power button is also the "back out button" (you will want that when you get lost, and it still happens to me over a year in now!). The S button is the set button and gets you into the relevant settings. The up and down navigate the menu. The key is to know what all the lettering means, if you are not doing a profile, then you will want to get into the SP menu (Set Point), there you just set a temp and forget it. There is a great You Tube video by Wil Conrad that walks you through all this. The main point is to just practice, and don't forget that the power key is the back out key!:)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZst7ETP-w8[/ame]

Funny you post this. Today I looked on YouTube and found the very same video you posted. Thanks for your response though, I really . I tried wrapping my brain around the git hub dealy but that was a long short lived endeavor.

I'll look up the abbreviations again, print em up and post it to my fermenter for reference.

Again, thanks for the response.

You're welcome, yes, print out the abbreviations and expect to be annoyed until you get it, but remember the power button is the backout key!

Back