Problems With Dwyer-Inst order?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvburton

Reaction score
Has anybody had troubles w/ online orders from Dwyer-Inst? I'm finally getting around to building my temperature controller (a la , thanks Bobby for helping a plan come together!), and the online store-front isn't seeming to pickup the transaction. I've even called customer service and asked them to look for it-- nada. No email, credit card charge, no nuthin'. I've waited far over their 24 hour period for the order to 'show up' (which is mind boggling in this day and age) and nothing yet.

I actually panicked to the point of placing the same order twice. Its been over 36 hours since I did that, and still nothing on either order, 4 days later!

I can kinda except the excuse that they're primarily an industrial supplier so its not like they're too immediately interested in a one-off order like this, but its ponderous the experience thus far has been as bad as it is. Now that we're close to hitting the weekend and no movement, I feel like I'm losing a week on getting started on this project. Furthermore, its not like I can go and order through another supplier now, since I have two 'orders' hung up w/ Dwyer that I need to resolve. If I go somewhere else, I could end up buying the same thing 3 times! UG.

PS- I found some folks explaining that the 'ship orders seperately' can screw you on shipping, and thankfully, I didn't do that.

Update after placing another phone call:
The person (singular) who handles web orders is out today, so I'll have to call back on Monday to sort it out. To me, that implies this person has been out on vacation all week (or else significantly distracted for other reasons), and perhaps that's the reason for the hold up. At least now I have a name and extension to bother :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently placed three separate order with Dwyer. No problems at all. Fast shipping too. I received my orders in about three business days. I've always received email confirmation of my order as well. I would say that if their customer service can't locate the order that you would be safe to re-order or shop elsewhere.

never had a problem, they shipped fast too. I had received the wrong probe and I called customer service and they sent it out right away no charge and told me to keep the other probe. good customer service.

There online orders are not instant. Someone actualy goes through each order and processes them. Until it gets processed the online order sits in limbo. I had the same thing happen to me if they get really busy it takes them time to process it. The woman that i talked to on the phone could not find my online order 2 days after i placed it so i reordered it over the phone. It turned out my online order got processed as well and i got both shipped on the same day. They setup a quick rma for me to ship one back and tried to stick me with the return shipping. After explaining my view on the transaction they decided to setup a pickup at there expense for the rma. If i order from them again it will be via phone.

Thanks for the feedback, all. I guess they're busy or short-staffed right now. Hopefully it turns around on Monday!

Back