Probe for Thermowell Cap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhabermann

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently using a hood thermowell stopper but have a hard time finding just a normal digital thermometer with a long prob what will fit into it. This is for Ales only as I ferment them in the Cool Brewing Insulated Fermentation Bag. I live in a warm climate so I usually only have to worry about putting ice in there to keep it cool. I'm not looking for a controller but rather something like a "keep in" meat thermometer. I've tried this but it doesn't go far enough down into the well as it has a right angle bend. I've even tried bending it but I think I've damaged it.

Does anyone have a recommendation? I know I could just buy a controller but not really use it as a controller but looking for something cheaper.

You read it correctly. You're right it doesn't have to be digital. I think the analog one will get in the way of the stopper. What do you think? And is that skinny enough to fit in the well?

It will easily fit in the thermowell with room to spare.If your using a carboy with an all in one stopper with the 2 holes for the thermowell and airlock it could be tight. Theres got to be a thousand different flexable temp probes you could find online you could slide in the thermowell. If your using a bucket with a separate stopper it will work fine.

Back