Pro-am Brew Day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajbram

Reaction score
A recent trend in Ontario is for craft breweries to do one-off batches with home brewers who have a proven track record of creating beers worthy of larger-scale production. Here are some shots from last Friday, when my brew partner and I did a guest batch with Cassel Brewery, our local nano-brewery. The beer to be is a hop-forward blonde ale. Water was all taken directly from the St. Lawrence River. Grain bill was largely Vienna and light Munich. Bittered to about 21 IBU with Warrior and then late-burst hopped with loads of Hallertauer Mittelfrüh and Amarillo for a nice fruity aroma. Should be lots of hops on the nose and then a crisp finish with a little residual sweetness... a lawnmower beer with character. I will let everyone know how it works out.

cassel1.jpg

cassel2.jpg

cassel3.jpg

cassel4.jpg

cassel5.jpg

cassel6.jpg

cassel7.jpg

cassel8.jpg

cassel9.jpg

cassel10.jpg

How cool is that? I'm sure y'all had a blast & learned a thing or two!

Had a blast, learned a lot, drank some good beer, enjoyed good company. Got lots of good feedback on recipes too. We are planning another brew day with them in a couple weeks. It's amazing how much more physical labour there is involved in a batch 15x the size of what we do at home.

Back