Priming with sterile wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fineexampl

Reaction score
So i'm 1 week away from bottling my Black IPA and i have enough dextrose to prime the batch and i'm not worried about it per se, but i have some questions that my searching couldn't come up with the right answer.
(I will thank anyone who can link me to anything i missed of course)

On brewday i saved about eight 200ml jars of wort at around 13brix/1.051 gravity. I pressured canned them so they are sterile and shelf stable. My intention was to use it for starters, but i thought of using it to prime the batch i brewed as well, but don't know the correct math to use.

So, my question is, with approx 6gal (possibly 5.5gal) and this premeasured 1.051 wort readily available, how much would i use to carb in this situation?

My apologies if this has been brought up previously and i did search krausening, etc. but i couldn't come up with a similar scenario to this.

Thanks in advance! I'm going to go read the suggestions at the bottom of this post now. ;):mug:

Speisegabe is different than krausening, he does have the formulas for it but I could never get them to work right in excel.

Back