priming Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to check out a calculator for co2 volume and temp to figure out how much. Then divide the amount by how many bottles. That should give you the amount needed for each bottle. Unless theres an easier way that I dont know about.

I typically use 1 tsp per 12oz bottle. but I've never tried calculating the CO2 volume either. it was just quick & easy and seemed to workout ok.

trying to hit a specific volume of CO2 I think it would be easier to calculate for the entire batch volume and thoroughly mix it all in a bottling bucket. I think trying to measure each bottle out individually would give you too much variation for that small of individual measures...unless you use a tiny digital scale every time.

That's on the order of twice what a calculator is likely to have you add.
I know a lot of people use the one Domino sugar cube per 12 oz bottle for priming. The sugar cube is 1/2 tsp, or about 2.3 g. So, I am not sure how @odie isn't over-carbing by quite a bit with 1 tsp, 4.2 g. Unless his sugar is particularly large-grained, which would make for a less dense tsp.

like I said, it was quick and easy. I just use table sugar. I do note that I must decant carefully to get a decent pour... guess that would explain things...lol

I always learn something here :)

Latest posts

Back