Priming Problem ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWBrewerCC

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and right away need a little help. Put together my first all-grain batch about 4 weeks ago (a Scotch Ale) came out of the fermerter after about 3 weeks looking and smelling great! I bottled about 5 days ago and it occured to me just yesterday, that in my excitement of actually completing my first all-grain brew with some apparent success, I hurried through the bottling process. Here's the problem that I need advise on - Big brain fart (good excuse I guess) caused me to add the priming sugar directly to my brew just before bottling. In the bucket without boiling first. What are my chances of still having a successful finish to this effort. I just have this awful feeling that I'm gong to end up dumping it all after a few weeks in the bottles. Thanks, :confused:

I add mine directly to the beer before bottling...though, I do make sure that it's mixed in by gently stirring before I bottle. No problems and I get pretty even carbing.

I racked the brew from the fermeter to a bucket (with a spigot) and then gently stirred in the sugar. Then went on to bottle. Thanks for the help.

Back