Priming in fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeymacca

Reaction score
Hi all. I’m considering investing in a stainless steel fermenter. I do BIAB. My current setup is to ferment in a plastic bucket, then transfer to a bottling bucket that is primed with some dextrose, then use a bottling wand to fill my bottles.

Many of the reviews I’ve watched of stainless steel fermenters say that you can bottle straight from the fermenter using some tubing and a bottling wand. This would be ideal as I love brewing NEIPAs and have been having lots of oxidation issues lately, possibly to open air transfer from fermentation bucket to bottling bucket, then bottling bucket to bottles.

So when someone bottles straight from their fermenter, how are they priming the beer? Pour some sugar water in to the fermenter, stir, let the yeast settle back out, then bottle?

Hi all. I’m considering investing in a stainless steel fermenter. I do BIAB. My current setup is to ferment in a plastic bucket, then transfer to a bottling bucket that is primed with some dextrose, then use a bottling wand to fill my bottles.

Many of the reviews I’ve watched of stainless steel fermenters say that you can bottle straight from the fermenter using some tubing and a bottling wand. This would be ideal as I love brewing NEIPAs and have been having lots of oxidation issues lately, possibly to open air transfer from fermentation bucket to bottling bucket, then bottling bucket to bottles.

So when someone bottles straight from their fermenter, how are they priming the beer? Pour some sugar water in to the fermenter, stir, let the yeast settle back out, then bottle?
When I make cider for my SO I normally do 6 gallon batches, 5 go into the keg and I bottle the rest. I calculate the amount of priming sugar per bottle, set the bottle on a scale and add the required amount. From there I fill and cap. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back