Previously clear beer gone cloudy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AScott

Reaction score
I tried to search this, but I couldn't find anything.

I brewed a maibock several months ago. It was my first lager and turned out to be the best beer I've brewed. :mug:

It has been in the keg (force carbed) for about 3 months now and what was a bright, crystal clear lager for 2.5 months is now a dull, cloudy beer.

I brew with a counter top brutus clone (thanks, JKarp!) and I've never had this problem with any other beer.

Any ideas?

A beer that was clear but is now not sounds like an infection process.

That's what I was afraid of. I don't suppose there's any way to accurately diagnose the infection is there?

Have you moved the keg at all?

No, the keg has not been moved (or even bumped).

I initially thought we were getting near the end of the keg and this was just the usual bottom of the keg stuff, but there's too much beer in the keg for it to be that.

taste will tell all

That's the thing, the beer tastes fine other than being a little flatter than before (not carbonation level, but flavor). It's also a little darker in color.

Alright, how could you let the "best brew I ever had" last that long?

Even my so so ones are gone in a week or two!

Alright, how could you let the "best brew I ever had" last that long?

Even my so so ones are gone in a week or two!

It wasn't the best brew I ever had, it was the best beer I've brewed. :)

We just don't drink beer all that much. I brew small batches. I really enjoy the hobby aspect of brewing and experimenting with different recipes. The drinking part of it is just a bonus.

I also have about 4 other beers on tap at the same time, so we tend to move from tap to tap quite often.

Back