Pressure Transfer from keg to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagojake9

Reaction score
Watched a video on YouTube about this. The hose they used was maybe 3 feet long. Guy at the brew store recommended 13 feet of hose. Does it really matter?

13 feet is more like what you'd use for serving from keg. The hose walls need to provide back pressure to 'balance' the beer as it's open to atmospheric pressure at the end, so the hose length prevents excessive foaming.

13 feet is more like what you'd use for serving from keg. The hose walls need to provide back pressure to 'balance' the beer as it's open to atmospheric pressure at the end, so the hose length prevents excessive foaming.
What length of hose would you recommend for pressure transferring from keg to keg?

Whatever length is practical given your physical needs.

This.

I use about a meter/three feet, because that's what I need for a 'siphon'/gravity closed loop transfer. If your kegs sat side-by-side and used a CO2 cylinder to push the beer (with a spunding valve on the receiving keg), which some brewers do, you could potentially use a few inches of hose.

Here's what I use:

jumper.jpg
transferringbeer.jpg

I use John Guest fittings on all my disconnects with Bev Seal ultra 235 tubing. I also keep a spare roll of the tubing to cut as needed along with shorter lengths that I've already cut and used. I keep a short one around 16" just for these duties. With the John Guest fitting, I just push it in to use, and then pull it out to dry out when I'm done.

Back