Pressure fell off???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edbeenbreto

Reaction score
So I'm totally new to keging and this is my first batch ever keging. Well on Thursday I sent my batch to the keg and pressured it at 14psi. After I came home today Sunday I checked my pressure and it was at zero. Brand new tank, btw and I know that sometimes the cold will make the over all tank pressure fall off. But so I realesed the pressure off of the keg and reset it back to 14. Did I miss a step? Or let it set for a few more days before I start to worry?

So I'm totally new to keging and this is my first batch ever keging. Well on Thursday I sent my batch to the keg and pressured it at 14psi. After I came home today Sunday I checked my pressure and it was at zero. Brand new tank, btw and I know that sometimes the cold will make the over all tank pressure fall off. But so I realesed the pressure off of the keg and reset it back to 14. Did I miss a step? Or let it set for a few more days before I start to worry?

Did you turn the tank valve off after the first time you pressurized to 14 psi?

Brew on :mug:

No and that freaked me out. I did a leak test sand everything was fine. I'll see how tonight goes

Hang on, you said you set the regulator to 14psi, then later came and it read zero, so you released the pressure from the keg? What pressure, you just said it was at zero???

Yeah basically I set the regulator to 14 psi and left for the weekend. When I came home yes there was pressure in the keg but my gauge showed nothing. has this happen to anyone?

The regulator measures the pressure coming from the gas tank. So if it said 0 and everything was open, that would indicate an empty co2 cylinder to me. If this happened from a leak, there shouldn't be any pressure in the keg to relieve, so it sounds like you may have just run out of co2?

Well I have a dual regulator and the second hose is open I still have c02 I open the second valve and hisses. But the keg seems carbonating just fine.

Latest posts

Back