• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pre-Poured, Vacuum Sealed, Yeast Extract, Peptone, Dextrose Agar Plates (YPD)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mciccone

Reaction score
Hello fellow home brewers,
I'm trying to gage interest on this. My company distributes various pre-poured, vacuumed sealed agar plates for the detection of bacteria and other microorganisms. Our supplier is preparing for a production run of YPD and I'm trying to determine if there is any interest among the brewing community. I'm thinking there may be folks who want to bank up yeast or streak out wild yeasts/bacteria that they find. YPD Agar is used for maintaining and propagating yeasts and is the generally accepted medium for cultivating Saccharomyces cerevisiae and other yeasts.

If there is any significant interest, we will make these available for purchase on Amazon in the next week or two. Thank you.

Back