PPR Fantasy Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall correctly, 2nd place still needs to ship beer and nothing gets shipped to 2nd place.
Well, i'd propose that as a rule change for the future, 2nd place should buy himself a beer or something.
Looks like we have:

(me)
@Chorgey
@lupulinaddict
@_BullDog_
@3 Dawg Night
@TBC
@troglodytes

Who am I missing? Those all correct?
I think @sonic7173 might have been the one missing on my list. Just send PMs with my address. If i got any wrong names, let me know!

As far as styles go, I drink most everything. Probably drink more commercial IPAs, sours and stouts than anything else, but part of that is because that's what all the breweries make.

Last edited:
I'd prefer a great (style x) over an OK (style y) for almost any x and y. Fresh IPAs, tasty sours, and good BA beers are always welcome, but if you have a local craft pilsner or something that's your favorite or just really great, I'd love to try that too! I do have a lot of BA stouts on hand right now, but, 'tis the season. :)

If I were to go over to my local bottle shop tonight, I'd probably pick up some fresh NEIPA, just because I don't have any commercial IPA in the beer fridge.

To put bookends on FF this year, on our draft day i had a pork shoulder on the smoker. Smoked another one today in the snow!

And if you all recall, I didn't ship beer until about draft time, so I'm not going to have any room to complain if anyone takes their time to ship beer to me!

Last edited:
1st place in the regular season, 1st to send me tracking info, 1st beer to arrive: Thanks @Chorgey (bar flies) !

F49F0B57-AC1D-4213-8512-C9EBCEA8EBDC.jpeg

Tracking initially said this one would arrive yesterday, but it got here today to make 3 days in a row. Thanks @TBC (Big Gulps)! It’s been a while since I’ve had any Tröegs, I remember liking what I had.

B3224BCA-1537-4DA9-83E1-FAFB7E6C9DC2.jpeg

Well, I’m in. I guess I could opt out as defending champ, but why would I?

Some more teams would be good though. Wasn’t there another HBT FF league? If there still is, we should have a league merger.

Package landed today from @lupulinaddict
24EF5E57-877E-4DC3-9861-CC7DF8812F3C.jpeg

I initially thought the “Like is like a bock of chocolates” was dented in shipping, but looking again, I don’t see any dents. They’re all cooling off in the beer fridge, but that one might be the first to be opened (over the sink).
Excited for some new stuff to try! Thanks!

We are going to bring the other other other league into this one.

We have opening one left!!!

I set the Draft for September 5th, check your local listing for exact time. Should be the late game time. This is what I have so far.

Bar flies - @Chorgey
Birds of war - @troglodytes
Big gulps - @TBC
HBT team - @TallDan
Bo knows - @sonic7173
Dawg pound - @bulldog
Lonetree - @LoneTreeFarms
GromitDj - @gromitdj
new team - @Thorrak
new team - @TheEagleRising
Fill my Kupp - @lupulinaddict

Make sure I have you down right and cheers to a new season!

I think the scoring is pretty much default. You should be able to access the settings for the league through the app or website.

Some people have had trouble with the pre-draft order. I’ve never used that feature, but in the past people would input the priority list backwards, and would draft kickers or defenses in the first round. Other than that I can’t remember any issues.

First time I've done fantasy through NFL.com rather then ESPN. Any quirks that I should look for in the scoring or league settings?

Are the league scoring settings default?

Definitely check out the settings, there are a few bonus points. Here's a list of the "Offense" scoring

• Passing Completions:
    0.5 points
  • Passing Yards:
    1 point per 25 yards
  • Passing Touchdowns:
    4 points
  • Interceptions Thrown:
    -2 points
  • 400+ Passing Yards Bonus:
    2 points
  • 50+ Passing Yards TD Bonus:
    2 points
  • Rushing Yards:
    1 point per 10 yards
  • Rushing Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • 50+ Rushing Yard TD Bonus:
    2 points
  • 100-199 Rushing Yards Bonus:
    1 point
  • 200+ Rushing Yards Bonus:
    4 points
  • Receptions:
    1 point
  • Receiving Yards:
    1 point per 10 yards
  • Receiving Touchdowns:
    6 points
  • 50+ Receiving Yard TD Bonus:
    2 points
  • 100-199 Receiving Yards Bonus:
    1 point
  • 200+ Receiving Yards Bonus:
    4 points
  • Fumble Recovered for TD:
    6 points
  • Fumbles Lost:
    -2 points
  • Fumble:
    -1 point
  • 2-Point Conversions:
    2 points

Last year I had just pulled a pork shoulder off the smoker before the draft and hadn't done any homework. This year I've got brats to put on the grill and also haven't done homework. I do have a beer though, so I'm ready!

Latest posts

Back