Pouring a 22 oz bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffny25

Reaction score
What class do you pour your 22 oz bottle into? Everything that I have will fit a 12 oz alright, but is to small for a 22 oz. I really don't want to stir up the yeast when I set the bottle upright.

Thanks, Geoff

I use a quart size (32 oz) mason jar. I got the idea from a bar I used to frequent a long time ago.

I pour a glass full, stopper the bottle and stick it back in the fridge. When I come back after 20 minutes or so the sediment has usually settled down again.

I got a set of those 1 liter German glass mugs with dimples that are really heavy and do not break easily on craigslist for like $15.

Be warned though, you might discover that as you increase your glass size you still drink the same number of glasses. The day after I got those 1l mugs my head was killing me. This might be more of a problem because I keg.

I pour into one glass and have a second one ready on the counter. By the time I have the first glass set on the counter and full (after the pour down the side), I move the bottle over the second glass, grab it quick and tilt it to the side.

Pour into a nonik pint glass, drink, then pour the rest. I don't put it back in the fridge as I don't like my beer that cold anyway. And I'm not afraid of the B12 I can get from the yeast, if some happens to make its way in. Can't taste the nuances.

I have a set of six of these 1 liter (~33.8 oz) steins that I use:

3Pny.jpg

:mug:

I have a 1Liter boot as well as a 1Liter HB glass mug. But i generally just pour 1 pint then go back for the other.

I pour into one glass and have a second one ready on the counter. By the time I have the first glass set on the counter and full (after the pour down the side), I move the bottle over the second glass, grab it quick and tilt it to the side.

this is what i do

I really like the idea of mason jars (actually drinking out of one now). They're big, clear, and look all country-ish. Not to mention all the good things about trapping scent and what-not.

Thanks for the tips.

I have a birch stein that basically rules. I'm calling it a 23oz because the beer fits in just right with a bit of head. Drinking out of a hollowed out tree is cool!

Back