Post your Favorite IPA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
I really enjoy drinking IPA's and brew them on a regular bassis. So far I have done your basic kit IPA's, Pale ales, Lagunitas Clone, and all centennial Hopped ipa.

Post your favorite for my next brew day that I will not be disappointed in and what about its flavor profile you like.

Here is my favorite IPA recipe, OG:1.071 so right on the line between IPA and DIPA. I love a huge hop nose, and this one was loaded with pine/mango/orange, while the malt and yeast stay out of the way.

Just pulled the tap on my centennial for the first time. Yum. Big hop nose. Probably because I have a hop bag right in the keg for a dry hopped keg.

I've already posted some in the recipe database, so I won't repost them all here.

But here is one I'm really loving right now (Surly Furious Clone-ish):

9 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 70.04 % (Golden Promise)
2 lbs 8.0 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 18.43 %
1 lbs Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 7.37 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 3.69 %
1.0 oz Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 0.47 %
1.00 oz Cascade (homegrown) [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 13.6 IBU
1.00 oz Summit [18.50 %] (60 min) Hops 56.1 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (20 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
0.50 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (20 min) Hops 11.2 IBU
0.50 oz Ahtanum [4.50 %] (20 min) Hops 4.1 IBU
0.50 oz Ahtanum [4.50 %] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (10 min) Hops 4.7 IBU
0.50 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (10 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
1.00 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
2.00 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -

1 Pkgs British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335) Yeast-Ale with a BIG starter!

Thanks. Keep them coming. I have to pick one in the next week or so and I will give my full review.

mine was
12lb 2row
3lbs rye
.5lb 60L

2oz simcoe 60
2oz simcoe 15
2oz simcoe 5
2oz simcoe DH

was simple, and i'd change it just a tad, but that gave me a nice starting point on my ryePA, people that were into IPAs couldn't get enough of it

Here is my favorite IPA recipe, OG:1.071 so right on the line between IPA and DIPA. I love a huge hop nose, and this one was loaded with pine/mango/orange, while the malt and yeast stay out of the way.

Man Mike, I really need to brew that.

I'll sub table sugar for the candy sugar, because I don't have any. Doesn't seem like much color from that little crystal malt?

Man Mike, I really need to brew that.

I'll sub table sugar for the candy sugar, because I don't have any. Doesn't seem like much color from that little crystal malt?

I only had it on hand as leftovers from an experiment, any white/clear/refined sugar would work just as well.

No, really pale yellow color, you could certainly swap some of the carapils for more C40 if you want more color

Latest posts

Back