Post your Favorite IPA Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
I really enjoy drinking IPA's and brew them on a regular bassis. So far I have done your basic kit IPA's, Pale ales, Lagunitas Clone, and all centennial Hopped ipa.

Post your favorite for my next brew day that I will not be disappointed in and what about its flavor profile you like.

Here is my favorite IPA recipe, OG:1.071 so right on the line between IPA and DIPA. I love a huge hop nose, and this one was loaded with pine/mango/orange, while the malt and yeast stay out of the way.

Just pulled the tap on my centennial for the first time. Yum. Big hop nose. Probably because I have a hop bag right in the keg for a dry hopped keg.

I've already posted some in the recipe database, so I won't repost them all here.

But here is one I'm really loving right now (Surly Furious Clone-ish):

9 lbs 8.0 oz Pale Malt (2 Row) UK (3.0 SRM) Grain 70.04 % (Golden Promise)
2 lbs 8.0 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 18.43 %
1 lbs Caramunich Malt (56.0 SRM) Grain 7.37 %
8.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 3.69 %
1.0 oz Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 0.47 %
1.00 oz Cascade (homegrown) [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 13.6 IBU
1.00 oz Summit [18.50 %] (60 min) Hops 56.1 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (20 min) Hops 7.8 IBU
0.50 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (20 min) Hops 11.2 IBU
0.50 oz Ahtanum [4.50 %] (20 min) Hops 4.1 IBU
0.50 oz Ahtanum [4.50 %] (10 min) Hops 2.5 IBU
0.50 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (10 min) Hops 4.7 IBU
0.50 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (10 min) Hops 6.7 IBU
1.00 oz Amarillo [9.50 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
2.00 oz Simcoe [12.20 %] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -

1 Pkgs British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335) Yeast-Ale with a BIG starter!

Thanks. Keep them coming. I have to pick one in the next week or so and I will give my full review.

mine was
12lb 2row
3lbs rye
.5lb 60L

2oz simcoe 60
2oz simcoe 15
2oz simcoe 5
2oz simcoe DH

was simple, and i'd change it just a tad, but that gave me a nice starting point on my ryePA, people that were into IPAs couldn't get enough of it

Here is my favorite IPA recipe, OG:1.071 so right on the line between IPA and DIPA. I love a huge hop nose, and this one was loaded with pine/mango/orange, while the malt and yeast stay out of the way.

Man Mike, I really need to brew that.

I'll sub table sugar for the candy sugar, because I don't have any. Doesn't seem like much color from that little crystal malt?

Man Mike, I really need to brew that.

I'll sub table sugar for the candy sugar, because I don't have any. Doesn't seem like much color from that little crystal malt?

I only had it on hand as leftovers from an experiment, any white/clear/refined sugar would work just as well.

No, really pale yellow color, you could certainly swap some of the carapils for more C40 if you want more color

Back