Post up pics of your sweet rides!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno about a sweet ride, but here's my work-in-progress. 1978 Triumph Spitfire.

spitpolish3_sm.jpg

spitpolish4_sm.jpg

spitpolish2_sm.jpg

-Joe

Something about the focus in these three shots makes it look like a miniature model of a car. Did you blur them in post?

(To be clear, I realize it's a real car, it's just a weird effect).

classproject.jpg

Modified a golf cart into a fire truck. We have 20 feet of 1 3/4" set up for the minute man and a spot for the cooler so the instructors can come outside and do PT with the students.

Most people look at this and don't think "totally sweet ride." But I do, and that's what matters... :)

2006 Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited 7 Passenger

IMG_1787.jpg

85,000 miles and I still love it as much as the day I drove it off the lot.

100_1458.jpg

Currently planning a trip to take her all the way down Skyline Drive and end up at the Great Smokey Mountains for a few days mid to late August.

My wife's '11 Sienna. Ignore SWMBO and mini me SWMBO. Nice ride!

I drive whatever I can grab on the way out the door from work, which is a Toyota dealership. Demos are great.

P6090227 (Small).JPG

Speaking of overkill, this is my hauler:

2008 F450 King Ranch 4WD Long Bed

6.4 Powerstroke (twin turbo)
Some exhaust work
4.30 rear
Spartan Phalanx - "mild" 210 HP tune
Loaded w/factory options
B&W 5th wheel hitch

Diesel duallies shouldn't be this fast or fun to drive...

f450.jpg

Nice, consider me jealous. I ended up beside an F450 similar to yours in my stock F150 4x4 on my way to work the other day and was ready to visit the dealership. You must do some serious hauling, cause those things are beasts!

Just a little rolling around in a grassy meadow with my first love...no big deal.

Hahaha! I love it. I can totally relate to that picture. My first love was an e36. It wasn't an M3, but it was still my first love.

Sure. Right now the car has 210,000 miles and the last valve adjustment was completed in Aug 2009. I go about 40,000 between adjustments.

Inline 6, 3.6L, 24v, individual throttle bodies, about 360hp at 7100rpm, good for 178 or so:

Thank you, sir. I was watching Ronin last night and it reminded me how kickass those old M5's were.

Thank you, sir. I was watching Ronin last night and it reminded me how kickass those old M5's were.

The Ronin M5 was actually a 518i with the M5 aero package/wheels and soundtrack. Frankenheimer could not bare to wreck actual M5s.

Yeah, the E34 M5 is old, but I owned a 1988 E28 M5 for a looooonnnnng time. It was rear-ended, totaled, and I parted it out. But that car was so much fun to drive. There was an openness to the cabin and it was fast. I wanted to try out the E34 M5 so I bought one. The E34 M5 is getting quite old, it has over 200,000 miles, and I drove it daily for 6 years. When I have time, I will probably go after another E28 M5. The E28 M5 has about 1/4 of the electronics, which I appreciate.

415-img-334.jpg

416-img-321.jpg

417-103-0317-img.jpg

I still have the engine, the S38B35, which is the basis for the S38B36/38 in the E34 M5.

Something about the focus in these three shots makes it look like a miniature model of a car. Did you blur them in post?

(To be clear, I realize it's a real car, it's just a weird effect).

Looks like he just narrowed his depth of field.

Just took the doors off today for the first time. So far all I've done is an MBRP Exhaust and rubber floor mats, but there is plenty more to come...

Awesome! Wait 'till you fold down the windshield for the first time and drive it around town... :rockin:

No, the pictures just came out that way. I thought the same thing when I first saw them.

To be fair, the car is very, very small :)

-Joe

Hopefully, I'll have this back together next weekend. It's a 1979 Vespa Primavera ET3. I've had this scooter for 10 years, but the rust was getting pretty bad so I got it sandblasted and painted.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

2007 Audi A4 2.0t picked up a couple months ago.
car001.jpg

car002.jpg

2000 Audi A4 avant 1.8t (wife drives this now)
avant_side.jpg

avant_side_004.jpg

1998 Audi A4 1.8t (totaled in 2004)
A4_after_Projectors.jpg

Thanks, man. I do love me some Audi variant! :D Wagons rock.
The wheels on the 2007 are 18" stock - comes with the Titanium package.
The ones on the avant 18" ADR M-Sport.

IM001361.JPG

Back