Post pics of your smoker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Jukas

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine.

Did a smoked beer can chicken on as a first smoke to get used to it with some hickory & pecan. My wife wouldn't stop raving about how good the chicken was, and stole all the leftovers for herself :drunk: lesson learned, next time do two chickens at once.

adiochiro3

Reaction score
I call her "Grillestate" because she has nearly 1500 square inches of grill space.

[/IMG]

The second is my dad's old kamado-style cast iron cooker he used extensively while I was growing up. I restored it just over a year ago, and she still brings it on the smaller jobs!

[/IMG]

Stupid photos rotated for no reason! :mad:

troutcatcher413

Reaction score
One day we decided we wanted to cook a whole pig. $25 in materials and hundreds of dollars in beer and pizza later we had this

Remmy

Drink First, Ask Questions Later
Reaction score
Ahhh, my old, trusty, WSM. :)

Those are just some of the items I've made on it. I love making ABTs, briskets, short ribs, turkeys, chickens, pork butt on that thing! Even smoked cheese.

processhead

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built this smoker from a hospital blanket warmer.

Replaced the original electrical element with a 240 volt 2400 watt unit and PID temperature controller.

Then smoke generator uses hardwood pellets that are augered into the burner from a hopper on the outside.

It has tight sealing doors so I just installed it in my brewery. Makes for care-free year-round smoking and its close to the homebrew. :)

2012-03-20 06 41 58.jpg

Paulgs3

Reaction score
18.5". I got her 5 years ago. That thing still makes great food. I love it.
Nice! I was asking because I was worried about fitting more than two racks of ribs on the 18, but I see you managed fine fitting three. Perfect. Its been on my amazon wish list for about a year now.

Thanks!

Remmy

Reaction score
Nice! I was asking because I was worried about fitting more than two racks of ribs on the 18, but I see you managed fine fitting three. Perfect. Its been on my amazon wish list for about a year now.

Thanks!
Paul, there are FOUR racks of ribs in that picture! :ban:

Randar

Half rib short of a full rack
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've done 8 or 9 (can't recall) racks of spares on my 18.5" WSM. Get rib racks so you can stand them on their sides. There are some out there that can double as a roasting rack and are a good tool to have around.

Remmy

Reaction score
You can certainly try for 10. You can put 4 racks in the rib-racks I have. And if you want to get crazy, you can dump a rack on top of those (5 total per rack).

Do the same on the lower grate, and you have 10 racks.

Tnoodle

Reaction score
Made some modifications to my CharGriller to make it more efficient. Still have some work to do but I think its going to work great.

ForumRunner_20130407_144314.jpg

jeepinjeepin

Reaction score
Tnoodle said:
Made some modifications to my CharGriller to make it more efficient. Still have some work to do but I think its going to work great.
Is that the functional location for the firebox?

Tnoodle

Reaction score
Yeah I put a piece of plate steel in the bottom of the cooking chamber to diffuse the smoke and keep the heat from directly hitting the food.

jeepinjeepin

Reaction score
Tnoodle said:
Yeah I put a piece of plate steel in the bottom of the cooking chamber to diffuse the smoke and keep the heat from directly hitting the food.
Cool. My firebox is still on the side but I've also added plates to spread the heat across the grate. I've also added a fireplace rope around the lid and an extended chimney down to grate level.

I've got to where I don't smoke much anymore though. I'm looking for a new home for her.

Tnoodle

Reaction score
Cool. My firebox is still on the side but I've also added plates to spread the heat across the grate. I've also added a fireplace rope around the lid and an extended chimney down to grate level.

I've got to where I don't smoke much anymore though. I'm looking for a new home for her.
I got bored and wanted to try something new. I haven't seen another design like this, we'll see how it works.

Veedo

Reaction score
Awesome set ups! Anyone running a pellet smoker? Been thinking of getting one but not sure what to get.

Lucky7s

Reaction score
Chargriller w/sidebox. Added 2nd axle and pneumatic tires. Main chamber is baffled and brick lined. Not this pretty now...this was when nearly new.

smoker.jpg

Tnoodle

Reaction score
Chargriller w/sidebox. Added 2nd axle and pneumatic tires. Main chamber is baffled and brick lined. Not this pretty now...this was when nearly new.
Mine isn't the prettiest girl at the prom but she can dance.

nickmv

Reaction score
I got an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain about a year ago. It's been fun as hell smoking on, but it was time to upgrade to something that could do double duty as a smoker AND grill.

So, earlier today at lunch I placed an order for the Yoder YS640. Should be some serious fun.

nickmv

Reaction score
Awesome set ups! Anyone running a pellet smoker? Been thinking of getting one but not sure what to get.
What's your budget like? Be prepared to put in around a grand or more for one that's good and that will last. Beware -- Traeger is considered crap in the world of pellet smokers.

I just ordered a Yoder, but the other brands I was also looking at were Green Mountain Grills and Mak, as well as Rec Tec.

headbanger

Reaction score
What's your budget like? Be prepared to put in around a grand or more for one that's good and that will last. Beware -- Traeger is considered crap in the world of pellet smokers.

I just ordered a Yoder, but the other brands I was also looking at were Green Mountain Grills and Mak, as well as Rec Tec.
Don't forget Fast Eddy, this is one mean machine!

Check here for all the info you need on pellet grills/smokers.

Veedo

Reaction score

Sweet! Yea I've been kicking the idea around for about a year but still haven't bit. I pretty much have it down to the Yoder ys480 and the rec tec. The rec tec is made in china but seems like it might have a better controller? Could be wrong, still doing research. Love the looks of the Yoder, seems super heavy duty. Only thing local I have access to is the Louisiana grills, and they seem pretty pricey for what you get.