Post photo of your Crankandstein

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
Their web site only show photos of the rollers. There must be some type of an add on that funnels the grain to the rollers. Can some of you post a photo of how yours is setup? Thanks

I know it is kind of a dick move... but I don't care.

Fred, the owner of Monster Brewing hardware has been a great rep here since starting up and has shown himself to care for his customers and his product. I will purchase his products when the time comes for me to finally buy a mill.

Plus he has a hopper and base assemble available.

http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/products_main.html

Crankandstein has a premade hopper available and it is on their site here: http://www.crankandstein.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=3

Another alternative (what I did): I have a 5 gallon culligan water jug that I cut out the top and made a base out of scrap mdf that I drilled the appropriate size hole for the neck of the jug to fit through. Voila. A $6 base and hopper!

I love my crankandstein. I am sure other mills are fine and dandy too, but I do enjoy mine and zero problems.

I know it is kind of a dick move... but I don't care.

Fred, the owner of Monster Brewing hardware has been a great rep here since starting up and has shown himself to care for his customers and his product. I will purchase his products when the time comes for me to finally buy a mill.

Plus he has a hopper and base assemble available.

http://www.monsterbrewinghardware.com/products_main.html

+1

I've bought two from Fred so far and will continue to do so if I am in the market again. I have one Crankandstein from the old days when both those guys were selling them. And I can tell you the hopper he (Fred) has for the Monster Mill is by far the best constructed thing I have ever seen, plus it packs flat. I have had not problems with any of the three I have from him (the C&S can still be attributed to him as it was a partnership at the time). He goes out of his way to help and is nothing short of professional and courteous. He even gave up an 80 dollar profit to make sure I got the more appropriate mill. So he got my business for life. Plus I don't like or endorse how Don treated Fred leading up to the split in partnership. Pretty shady, and not something I would want to happen to me or anyone else.

here is mine. Sets on top of a 5 gallon bucket. THats a 9lb hopper

00243.JPG

I did the same thing as cyberbackpacker and it works like a charm. The crank and stein is top notch. Mills grain like a champ.

Here's what I did.
6533-DSCN1342.JPG

Holds a lot of grain and only requires a final brushing of grain into the rollers when you are almost complete grinding. 5 gallon bucket (wish it were larger now) with a small rectangle cut out in the bottom right over the rollers, attached with screws and large washers, roller mill, then a round base (with another rectangle cut into it) larger than the opening of another 5 gallon bucket. I haven't changed the cardboard sides that keep the dust in the mill and bucket, but I need to... maybe with plastic or something simple.

Latest posts

Back