Post a pic--let's see your ugly mugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and my buddies were styling. We used to get kegs of Andeker.

G2SMb2d103a4-d86a-40c8-9475-7271244a1e6f-5193.jpg

(saw this on ebay; pretty cool actually)

I remember my dad taking cases of longneck Falstaff on vacation. The bottle labels had poker hands on the backs of them. We of course were too little then to be scamming beer, but we kept getting into the coolers to see which labels had come off in the ice, and then betting each other popsicles and sodas and crap...

1979? I was scammin' bottles of cheap whisky from Las Vegas night at church. :drunk:

desertBrew said:
Me and my buddies were styling. We used to get kegs of Andeker.

G2SMb2d103a4-d86a-40c8-9475-7271244a1e6f-5193.jpg

(saw this on ebay; pretty cool actually)

That is a really cool sign DB. Might be a good jump off for a thread of pics of the beer stuff people have collected. Lord knows I have my share...

Ize

I only saw it on ebay, didn't buy it.

Good idea Ize; I think you ought to start that thread. I don't have squat for beer memorabilia but would like to see others "stuff". Had that beer can collection as a kid but that's gone now.

desertBrew said:
I only saw it on ebay, didn't buy it.

Good idea Ize; I think you ought to start that thread. I don't have squat for beer memorabilia but would like to see others "stuff". Had that beer can collection as a kid but that's gone now.

My biggest prob at this point is I have so much crap still boxed up. I just marked year #3 in this house, and most of the crap that I had out in my apartment is still boxed up. (Never mind what I've bought since) My gut instinct is to blame it on SWMBO, but in reality it's me monkeying with the basement. I do have some stuff out, maybe it would be a good reason for me to quit screwin' around and get the rest out. :p

Ize

jeffg said:
Why my brewing slows down in the summer:

You bastid! When's a good time for the GRABASS boys to come up to Beantown for a little fishing?

About two months ago--season's winding down here and it is starting to get COLD! There was ice on the deck the other morning. I should be coming down to NC to fish with you boys where it's still warm.

PS--love the O'Reilly picture in your gallery.

mebeer.JPG

Me last month at Cooper's in Scranton (where my brother lives - if anyone here watches The Office, they mention this place a lot).

standrews.JPG

If you're a golfer, then I don't need to tell you where this is (from my honeymoon this summer).

Here I am disguised as a human. See if you can spot the discrepancies.

JerryinCabofPeteVeryCloseup.jpg

SWMBO disguised as human. Discrepancies anyone? Hint: You are shown only the upper third of the body.

PattyinCabofPeteOutsideView-1.jpg

My other passion:

MmmmCatfish.jpg

sause said:
Yes they do!

179-04-27-06_1718.jpg

Amazing. . .

I have an unopened six pack of Billy Beer at home, complete with two vintage Billy Beer mugs. . . I should post a pic later.

Made in 1976--I'm pretty sure that stuff would be pretty skunked out if you drank it.

Baron von BeeGee said:
LOL...my Dad has a sixer and a couple of the cans are unopened but empty now...just evaporated!

My sixer is still in the plastic rings, and each can is hefty-full of fluid (I'm not sure its really still "beer" after 30 years :D

2nd Street Brewery said:
I had some back then, It wasn't beer 30 yrs ago either.
That's what my dad told me. He's the one that kept the sixer of it. He said he bought 2 six packs when it came out, he and a friend drank one, and couldn't bring themselves to drink the other. :D

You know, a lot of people will mention things like "gas lines" or "stagflation" when they talk about the Carter era, but let's not forget that he's the president that legalized homebrewing.

Wow - interesting seeing everyone's pics!

Okay, here's one of me partaking in an offshoot of my other hobby. If it's any consolation, my g/f and I wondered into a local bar with a great beer selection about an hour after she took this:

009.jpg

Cheesefood said:
You know, a lot of people will mention things like "gas lines" or "stagflation" when they talk about the Carter era, but let's not forget that he's the president that legalized homebrewing.

Yep, you are quite right. . .

I can't stand his politics, but he gets credit where credit is due. :mug:

Rhoobarb said:
Wow - interesting seeing everyone's pics!

Okay, here's one of me partaking in an offshoot of my other hobby. If it's any consolation, my g/f and I wondered into a local bar with a great beer selection about an hour after she took this:

009.jpg

Are you piloting the Deathstar? Did they ever get that thing fuly operational?

Biermann said:
I have an unopened six pack of Billy Beer at home, complete with two vintage Billy Beer mugs. . . I should post a pic later.

Made in 1976--I'm pretty sure that stuff would be pretty skunked out if you drank it.

I saw a couple of the original cans of billy brew that were PBR cans with B.B. on one of the ends of the blue ribbon and INC. on the other. Pretty cool. The guy who's house I was at has a whole wall of beer cans, all different. So he's been collecting for a long time.

chillHayze said:
Are you piloting the Deathstar? Did they ever get that thing fuly operational?

that is funny, i actually laughed out loud when I read that. :mug:

dantodd said:
On our way from Newport to San Francisco (SWMBO and our son Cameron only went as far as Santa Barbara)

SB2002.jpg

That's awesome, SWMBO and I occasionally sail on her friends' boat (Catalina 30', or now a Macgregor 26') in the Chesapeak. We talk about packing it all in and moving to the Caribbean on a sailboat-seems like that would be the life.

Nice boat.:rockin:

Thanks, It's a Beneteau 40CC and that was our plan (but in the Pacific) until our little surprise package came!

Sir Sudster said:
Is that a metal detector you've got in your hands or are you just cleaning up?

That's actually a silver spear. You can't see it in that picture, but Bill had just slain a vampire when that was taken.

Baron von BeeGee said:
Me in a previous life at the NC/Tennessee border (since Bill is posting exotic locations and dantodd boats, I figured to follow suit...;))
Never thought of the NC/TN border as "exotic", but I'll give that one to you for free.:D ;)

They are nice boat pics though, aren't they?

Back