Quantcast

Post a pic--let's see your ugly mugs

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Ize

Reaction score
I remember my dad taking cases of longneck Falstaff on vacation. The bottle labels had poker hands on the backs of them. We of course were too little then to be scamming beer, but we kept getting into the coolers to see which labels had come off in the ice, and then betting each other popsicles and sodas and crap...

1979? I was scammin' bottles of cheap whisky from Las Vegas night at church. :drunk:

desertBrew said:
Me and my buddies were styling. We used to get kegs of Andeker.

(saw this on ebay; pretty cool actually)
That is a really cool sign DB. Might be a good jump off for a thread of pics of the beer stuff people have collected. Lord knows I have my share...

Ize

Reaction score
I only saw it on ebay, didn't buy it.

Good idea Ize; I think you ought to start that thread. I don't have squat for beer memorabilia but would like to see others "stuff". Had that beer can collection as a kid but that's gone now.

Ize

Reaction score
desertBrew said:
I only saw it on ebay, didn't buy it.

Good idea Ize; I think you ought to start that thread. I don't have squat for beer memorabilia but would like to see others "stuff". Had that beer can collection as a kid but that's gone now.

My biggest prob at this point is I have so much crap still boxed up. I just marked year #3 in this house, and most of the crap that I had out in my apartment is still boxed up. (Never mind what I've bought since) My gut instinct is to blame it on SWMBO, but in reality it's me monkeying with the basement. I do have some stuff out, maybe it would be a good reason for me to quit screwin' around and get the rest out. :p

Ize

Boston

Reaction score
jeffg said:
Why my brewing slows down in the summer:

You bastid! When's a good time for the GRABASS boys to come up to Beantown for a little fishing?

jeffg

Reaction score
About two months ago--season's winding down here and it is starting to get COLD! There was ice on the deck the other morning. I should be coming down to NC to fish with you boys where it's still warm.

PS--love the O'Reilly picture in your gallery.

ayrton

Reaction score

Me last month at Cooper's in Scranton (where my brother lives - if anyone here watches The Office, they mention this place a lot).

If you're a golfer, then I don't need to tell you where this is (from my honeymoon this summer).

KopyKat

Reaction score
Here I am disguised as a human. See if you can spot the discrepancies.

SWMBO disguised as human. Discrepancies anyone? Hint: You are shown only the upper third of the body.

My other passion:

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
sause said:
Yes they do!

Amazing. . .

I have an unopened six pack of Billy Beer at home, complete with two vintage Billy Beer mugs. . . I should post a pic later.

Made in 1976--I'm pretty sure that stuff would be pretty skunked out if you drank it.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Baron von BeeGee said:
LOL...my Dad has a sixer and a couple of the cans are unopened but empty now...just evaporated!
My sixer is still in the plastic rings, and each can is hefty-full of fluid (I'm not sure its really still "beer" after 30 years :D

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Biermann said:
My sixer is still in the plastic rings, and each can is hefty-full of fluid (I'm not sure its really still "beer" after 30 years :D
I had some back then, It wasn't beer 30 yrs ago either.

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
2nd Street Brewery said:
I had some back then, It wasn't beer 30 yrs ago either.
That's what my dad told me. He's the one that kept the sixer of it. He said he bought 2 six packs when it came out, he and a friend drank one, and couldn't bring themselves to drink the other. :D

Cheesefood

Reaction score
You know, a lot of people will mention things like "gas lines" or "stagflation" when they talk about the Carter era, but let's not forget that he's the president that legalized homebrewing.

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Wow - interesting seeing everyone's pics!

Okay, here's one of me partaking in an offshoot of my other hobby. If it's any consolation, my g/f and I wondered into a local bar with a great beer selection about an hour after she took this:

Biermann

Reinvented Biermann
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Cheesefood said:
You know, a lot of people will mention things like "gas lines" or "stagflation" when they talk about the Carter era, but let's not forget that he's the president that legalized homebrewing.

Yep, you are quite right. . .

I can't stand his politics, but he gets credit where credit is due. :mug:

Beer Snob

Reaction score
homebrewer_99 said:
I already have my card...but thanks for the reminder...:D :D
Ahh..... they even posted a picture of you..... you kinda look like a pug you know.... :D

chillHayze

Reaction score
Rhoobarb said:
Wow - interesting seeing everyone's pics!

Okay, here's one of me partaking in an offshoot of my other hobby. If it's any consolation, my g/f and I wondered into a local bar with a great beer selection about an hour after she took this:

Are you piloting the Deathstar? Did they ever get that thing fuly operational?

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
Reaction score
Biermann said:
I have an unopened six pack of Billy Beer at home, complete with two vintage Billy Beer mugs. . . I should post a pic later.

Made in 1976--I'm pretty sure that stuff would be pretty skunked out if you drank it.
I saw a couple of the original cans of billy brew that were PBR cans with B.B. on one of the ends of the blue ribbon and INC. on the other. Pretty cool. The guy who's house I was at has a whole wall of beer cans, all different. So he's been collecting for a long time.

dantodd

Reaction score
On our way from Newport to San Francisco (SWMBO and our son Cameron only went as far as Santa Barbara)

todd_k

Reaction score
chillHayze said:
Are you piloting the Deathstar? Did they ever get that thing fuly operational?
that is funny, i actually laughed out loud when I read that. :mug:

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
dantodd said:
On our way from Newport to San Francisco (SWMBO and our son Cameron only went as far as Santa Barbara)

That's awesome, SWMBO and I occasionally sail on her friends' boat (Catalina 30', or now a Macgregor 26') in the Chesapeak. We talk about packing it all in and moving to the Caribbean on a sailboat-seems like that would be the life.

Nice boat.:rockin:

dantodd

Reaction score
Thanks, It's a Beneteau 40CC and that was our plan (but in the Pacific) until our little surprise package came!

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sir Sudster said:
Is that a metal detector you've got in your hands or are you just cleaning up?
That's actually a silver spear. You can't see it in that picture, but Bill had just slain a vampire when that was taken.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Baron von BeeGee said:
Me in a previous life at the NC/Tennessee border (since Bill is posting exotic locations and dantodd boats, I figured to follow suit...;))
Never thought of the NC/TN border as "exotic", but I'll give that one to you for free.:D ;)

They are nice boat pics though, aren't they?

Latest posts