Possible to convert an inline pump to a center inlet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schristian619

Reaction score
I have 2 chugger center inlet pumps that are a few years old but work flawlessly. I had a sort of catastrophic issue with my control panel and it needs to be replaced. I'm considering replacing the whole system with 20g kettles, likely via a spike 20g system. That system includes 2 chugged inline head pumps. If I want center inlet pumps, is it as simple and changing the pump heads? I do have an inquiry into Spike about omitting the pumps from the system, but their response time is a little slow likely due to the current situation. I searched the forums, but couldn't find this answer. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Don't "inline" pump heads actually feed into the center?

Therefore, yes, you can just switch the head.

yeah im pretty certain they are interchangeable. give spike a little time they are great to work with. but if they end up sending you the pumps as well for whatever reason you would then have backups.

yeah im pretty certain they are interchangeable. give spike a little time they are great to work with. but if they end up sending you the pumps as well for whatever reason you would then have backups.

Thanks.
Yea, Spike has been great so far. I have their CF10 and a handful of accessories. I did get a response back letting me know they were forwarding my question on. It's not too big of an issue either way, and my wife said just order it with the new pumps, I'm just curious what the cost difference would be if we omitted them.

Back