Portland Homebrew clubs.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewmasterorr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys. Moving to Portland in a few weeks. Looking for a club. I sent an email to PDX brewers but have not heard back. I will be working in Tigard and got a place for rent in Cedar Mills. Anyone in a cool club? Right now I am in a really cool smaller club in Salt Lake City, ZZHops.

Jeff

Welcome aboard and be sure to Google homebrew supplies in Portland to get you started. I travel about 40 minutes one way to buy supplies from Main Street Howebrew Supplies just because they have great customer service, let me weigh and crush myself, have everything I am always looking for and always have plenty of parking spaces! Many home brew supply shops have not so good parking in my opinion, but honestly I haven't checked any out in the Tigard area yet.

Yeah Mainbrew is the best around. Steinbarts downtown is good too. Above the Rest in Tigard is just OK.

As for clubs, cant help ya there. Went to PDX Brewers once and that was enough for me. Drank a bunch of terrible bubblegum beer. I hear the one in Portland is great... Oregon Brew Crew I believe? Some pro brewers still go to it I believe. I'm in the burbs with ya though and I just have no desire to sit in rush hour traffic heading to Portland. Let me know how it is if you check it out...

My brother has picked me up stuff from mainbrew on the past and brought it own to salt lake (mostly bulk grain). So I was planning on making that my main shop... but it looks like the Oregon Brew Crew get a 10% discount at FH Steinbart. Not accounting for traffic it does not look like there would be much of a time difference from where I will be living. Maybe I will just have to check them out.

Jeff

Cool. I have been checking out OBC a bit online, and was also interested in joining it. It seems they have a lot to offer. Enjoy Oregon!

Late to the party, but I joined OBC as well a while back, even though I live in Eugene. They have a lot of great events, scheduled classes, group tours, etc. I only wish I could attend more meetings and events. As far as supplies go, FH Steinbart is good but Mainbrew in Hillsboro is my favorite. I often do my shopping up there when possible. Their pricing and selection is better than anything I can get locally (sorry Falling Sky, I still love you).

Late to the party, but I joined OBC as well a while back, even though I live in Eugene. They have a lot of great events, scheduled classes, group tours, etc. I only wish I could attend more meetings and events. As far as supplies go, FH Steinbart is good but Mainbrew in Hillsboro is my favorite. I often do my shopping up there when possible. Their pricing and selection is better than anything I can get locally (sorry Falling Sky, I still love you).

FS is great. I see you're from Eugene, too. I haven't tried and local brew clubs, but am always down to swap beers.

FS is great. I see you're from Eugene, too. I haven't tried and local brew clubs, but am always down to swap beers.

Sounds good! I don't have much in the pipeline at the moment, but will be brewing this weekend. Do you ever go to the homebrew swap at Falling Sky (Thursdays, I think)?

Sounds good! I don't have much in the pipeline at the moment, but will be brewing this weekend. Do you ever go to the homebrew swap at Falling Sky (Thursdays, I think)?

I haven't met any other brewers yet, but I brew every Monday. I'll try and hit up the swap; let me know if you are going on a specific one and i'll try and hit it up.

New club in Aloha called Aloha Brewers Club. Meets the last thursday of each month at The 649 Taphouse & Bottle Shop.

Hey guys, I know this is a super old thread but I too live in the burbs west of Portland and don't want to fight traffic to go to a club in the city. I live about 10 minutes from Mainbrew in Hillsboro. If there is a big enough interest I would love to partner with some folks to start a new club!

I'm in Vancouver as well. I haven't joined any clubs yet. Bader Brewing has a club that I am planning on checking out here pretty soon. It seems pretty relaxed, like you can just show up with some home brew and get involved.
I haven't joined a club, yet. OBC looks really good, but staying in the Couve is a plus.

If anyone in Vancouver wants to meet up, give me a shout. It would be cool to do a collaboration with some other home brewers in the area.

Latest posts

Back