Porter recipe help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jagg

Reaction score
OK guys and gals, I want to do a porter with these hops, if it is possible, I have on hand 3 oz. Chinook, 4 oz Columbus, 4 oz East Kent Goldings, 1oz Liberty, I will consider all options, so lets see some suggestions please, all replies are welcome as usual, I need to use up these hops, and I want to do an 11 gallon robust porter, thanks.

Goldings, Goldings and more Goldings.

I like Goldings. ;)

The Liberty might make a nice aroma addition, too; maybe Goldings for late flavor and a half-ounce of the Liberty at flameout? Hm.

Bob

Goldings, Goldings and more Goldings.

I like Goldings. ;)

The Liberty might make a nice aroma addition, too; maybe Goldings for late flavor and a half-ounce of the Liberty at flameout? Hm.

Bob

I've not used Liberty but you sure can't go wrong with EKG in a porter!:fro:

All the chinook for bittering (modify your OG accordingly, of course), then all the goldings in the last 5-20 minutes for aroma.

I've not used columbus or liberty, but unless you're making an "India Porter", the above seems like it would be plenty.

Alright then, looks like Chinook for bittering ans EKG for aroma and flavor, Ill do the math for the IBU's and let it rip, thanks guys, I needed that:rockin:

My standard for porters and stouts is Chinook for bittering and Fuggles for flavor/aroma. I like the Chinook, but it can get overpowering quickly if you don't match it properly with your target gravity.

Back