Port wine question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderThePorchBrewing

Reaction score
I love port in the winter and have made one port kit 3 yrs ago which I am now down to the last 3 bottles. after reading a lot on net searches I want to create my own port using official grapes and did find a company that has 5 gallon frozen Tempranillo juice that I will eventually order in once I save a bit. my question really is for an in between batch. has anyone used a red kit such as pinot noir and or Zinfandel or another and made port? if so what were the results? I have seen a commercial all Zin port and kick myself for not getting it and trying it last year. Williams brewing has 2.5 gallon kits for 30 some dollars that could be fun to experiment with but would like to find out if anyone has tried anything and their recommendations.

I've had several homemade ports made by friends. All good. Try freezing the juice like an ice wine, draining the remainder off the ice, THEN fermenting. Results have been very tasty.

Back