Poor carbination on watermelon wheat...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantputt87

Reaction score
I brewed a watermelon wheat batch a while back its been in bottles for about 3 weeks. I popped the first couple tonight and they have hardly any carbination. I added the usual amount of priming sugar as i have on all my other batches. Would letting it conditionn in bottles a while longer help??

Thanks

Would letting it conditionn in bottles a while longer help??

Quite possibly! Some take longer than others. A low abv wheat shouldn't NORMALLY take too long, but you really don't have too many other options I guess! Give it another 1-2 weeks and if it isn't better, you probably messed something up ;)
Also, try giving it a couple days in the fridge before drinking (instead of 45 minutes in the freezer like I often do)

Did you secondary? If yes, for how long? After a certain amount of time your yeast can age out and you either need to force carb or add more yeast before bottle conditioning.

If the ones you sampled were the last ones bottled, try one of the first instead. Could be a priming sugar mixing problem.

Otherwise just wait. Maybe move the bottles someplace a little warmer of you can.

What's the temp where you're storing the bottles? If it's below 70 or so, carbing could take a long time.

Back