Pomegranate apple cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've made several ciders and lately have been adding about 10% of different juices. Last one was apple blueberry - 4.5 g apple juice, .5 gallons blueberry juice, nutrient, red star cote des Blance, and back sweeten to taste (I force carbonate). Wondering if anyone has had experience with pomegranate juice. Thinking of using the same basic recipe using Pomegrate juice but wondering about the tannins in pomegranates. Any thoughts?

I added pomegranite juice to an Irish Red once, for the color boost. Wierd flavor when it fermented out, but that was in a beer. Have never treid it, in a wine/mead.

By the way, there are plenty of tannins in Blueberries (I live near the wild blueberry capital of the world). Pomegranites are a bit tart, but if you liked the blueberry addition, then you should like the pomegranite. Go for it! (and let us know how it turns out).

I have made brandy with it, mostly pomegranate, some figs, dates and raisins. I proofed it with fresh juice and got lovely pink colour brandy. Whole batch was gone quickly. Before distillation, I tasted it and it tasted very good.

Latest posts

Back