Poll - How many kegs do you have?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many kegs do you own?

• 1-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• More than 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

GRHunter

Reaction score
Right now I have 7 cornie's and will be picking up 3 more later this morning. I currently have 3 in my keezer, 3 waiting to go in the keezer, and 1 dirty cornie that needs to be cleaned prior to kegging a blonde ale next week. So after that I will have nothing to keg to, hence the 3 additional cornies being purchased later this morning. 10 cornies seems like a lot and it got me wondering how many everyone else had. So, what is the cornie inventory for the rest of you?

Way more than I need since Guzzyboy died, but I haven't bothered selling any. Four on tap, 2-3 conditioning and a similar number for wine and long-term aging. That leaves 4-6 empties.

I live in a small apartment, and only have space for a chest freezer that fits 2 kegs, hence only having 3 kegs.

I currently have 9. 3 in the kegerator, 6 empty... but they will be full by the middle of next month :)

just the two. :( but, that's all that will fit in my fridge. i'd love a couple more to naturally carb in, but the budget, as always.

Let's see...

2 on tap (kegerator)
6 in the keezer (which holds 8)
3 full and aging (some to transfer to keezer)
13 empties (with 6 brews in primaries or cornies)
24 total...:mug:

I also have 4 - 5lb CO2 canisters with splitters, one has a 4-plex manifold.

Wow. I think some of you could use one of these ;) http://www.chicompany.net/index.php...id=431&zenid=9740c305a60e942f1361ac7299112c4c

I have 2 in a fridge and 3 needing cleaning after purchase = 5, and I'd like more. A few months ago I only had 1. Freeing up a full size fridge that could hold 6 (or 5+co2) was certainly an encouragement, but more recently I've been making more product and spending a lot in other equipment too so I convinced myself the cornie acquisitions were only a small part of the big picture. Very helpful for a multitude of reasons (serving, aging, where-the-f am I going to put this liquid if I don't want to bottle and don't want it in my carboy, etc).

3.5, 3 five gallon ball locks, and one 2.5 gallon ball lock one for soda, two for beer one for on the run.

6 here. 2 right now on tap, keezer will hold 3 but i dont have the third tap yet. Brewing 2 more batches this weekend, that will leave me with 2 empties. I want to do some winter ales in them and age them for awhile.

I have eight. Four are on tap. Three are full and carbonating. One is empty. I need to get four more as I prepare for a massive Oktoberfest party which will require six kegs. And I thought eight would be enough...

I've got 17. I make 10 gallon batches with a friend though, so I guess it is more like 8 each even though they are technically mine. About 10 of the 17 are empty at the moment, but I'm hoping to change that. Also, I use the kegs to dry hop and lager, so there are usually more full than the 4 taps in my kegerator can speak for.

Just have 7 5gal cornys

4 in kegerator, 3 in reserve that are full waiting to be used.
Need to get more....when all 7 cornys are full and 4 carboys are full..... Its like grrrrr!!! I need to invite some friends over or really start drinking more than a glass at night.

But i guess on the bright side, The longer they sit the more aging they get. :mug:

I have 6 that work and 1 that doesn't. I have a 2 tap kegerator with space for one more beer to either lager or cool down prior to tapping. I usually have one empty waiting to be filled and 2 more that are full and naturally carbonating. I think 6-7 is all I will ever need seems to fit my rotation pretty well.

5 pin-locks for me. Though I'm always trying to fill them all to "justify" to my CFO that I need more, I seem to always be behind. I guess I have to try harder. :D

I started with 10 that I bought when I first got into kegging. Then a buddy of mine found a restaurant that had switched over from cornies to BIB about a year ago and Pepsi would never pick up the empties so... my buddy got me 9 for free giving me 19 total.

12 total.
(9) 5 gallon ball locks
(3) 3 gallon ball locks

I'd like to get another 1 or 2 3 gallon kegs as they work nice for making a beer I'd like to have occaisionally, but wouldn't drink very often, or to make quick small batches just for competition. They also work great for splitting a bigger batch if I want to add oak or fruit or whatever to half the batch.

Ive got about 22 I think. I started with half a dozen, tried to order more and couldn't find any for the life of me, so I ordered a skid of 25. Ive sold off a few, but I think Ive got about 22 or so left.

4 x 3-gallon ball lock cornies
8 x 5-gallon ball lock cornies
1 x 10-gallon ball lock corny

Latest posts

Back