PM Rasberyy Porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZWood15

Reaction score
Hey,

So I'm looking to brew a raspberry porter and will be racking over some raspberries in secondary but I need a basic recipe for the porter. Anyone have any suggestions?

p.s. this is based on a beer that I tried while in Canada recently and thought I could do better ;)

I'd take a look in the recipe section of the site first and there are plenty on other sites out in the 'internets' then post your recipe and gather some constructive critique.

autoferret said:
For the rasberry i recomend using frozen. I did a raz wheat beer. And they worked great! gave it great flavor.
What about flavored extracts? Thinking doing a double chocolate rasberry stout.

As posted in another thread, I recently had very good luck dumping a 32-oz. can of raspberry puree into an almost-fermented porter.

The result was a very distinct raspberry aroma and flavor.

The porter was an extract kit; the raspberry was my own genius.

I added 3 12 oz bags of frozen raspberries to the secondary of a Sweet Stout. The results were good and I had good feedback, but if i were to do it again I would have went with only 2 bags maybe 1.5. The flavor was good and strong raspberry without too much tartness, but the stout flavor was not as prominent as I would have liked.

Latest posts

Back