Please tell me how to make peach wheat ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jun77

Reaction score
HI all, Im planning to make peach wheat ale with limited ingredients in Japan.
but Im wondering about whether my recipe is correct or not. this is my own recipe. what do you think ?

Original Recipe 1
Style: fruits beer( peach wheat ale )
Recipe Type All Grain
Boiling Time(minutes) 90min
Batch Size (L) 10
Mash efficiency (%) 75
OG 1.044
Attenuation (%) 75 (S-04)
FG 1.011
ABV (%) 4.3
SRM ?
Ingredients
pale malt 712
wheat malt 712
frozen peach 475
gypsum 1tsp
cascade 8.2
cascade 3.7
IBU 16.1

Type1
Peaches are not to be added to the primary fermenter. just pitted and skinned the peaches and freeze them for a day before adding them to the secondary. Then thaw the peaches and peeled, slice after that racked the beer on top of them.

Type2
Wash, split, and pit peaches. Place in plastic bags and freeze. When ready to rack beer into secondary, thaw and mash up (into puree) them in the bags or food processor .After that put them into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Type3
Put all mashed up peaches into a medium saucepan and add a little water. Slowly heat this mixture, stirring often, up to 76.7℃. Hold it at this temp for 5-10minutes.After that put peaches into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Note
(Use a straining bag or muslin bag to hold the fruit. because this way I end up with less mess to clean up in my fermenter).

I’m wondering about whether I should just only thaw, peeled and slice them and put it into a bottom of secondary fermenter or mash up (into puree) or crush them by food processor and put it into secondary fermenter. . .

Is there someone who can tell me which is the best way to add frozen peaches to secondary fermenter ?(I’m especially concerned with ratio of ingredients and how to prepare fruits before put it into secondary formenter).

Well as with anything there are multiple ways to skin a cat...personally I would freeze them make them into a purée and rack on top...the left over yeast will eat the sugar increasing ABV so be mindful of that...how long you leave them on the peaches is a whole other issue...I would take a small sample and taste every so often...10 days, 14 days until you have what you are looking for and then bottle or keg. Hope this helps!

HI all, Im planning to make peach wheat ale with limited ingredients in Japan.

but Im wondering about whether my recipe is correct or not. this is my own recipe. what do you think ?

Original Recipe 1

Style: fruits beer( peach wheat ale )

Recipe Type All Grain

Boiling Time(minutes) 90min

Batch Size (L) 10

Mash efficiency (%) 75

OG 1.044

Attenuation (%)75 (S-04)

FG 1.011

ABV (%) 4.3

SRM ?

Ingredients

pale malt 712

wheat malt 712

frozen peach 475

gypsum 1tsp

cascade 8.2

cascade 3.7

IBU 16.1

Type1

Peaches are not to be added to the primary fermenter. just pitted and skinned the peaches and freeze them for a day before adding them to the secondary. Then thaw the peaches and peeled, slice after that racked the beer on top of them.

Type2

Wash, split, and pit peaches. Place in plastic bags and freeze. When ready to rack beer into secondary, thaw and mash up (into puree) them in the bags or food processor .After that put them into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Type3

Put all mashed up peaches into a medium saucepan and add a little water. Slowly heat this mixture, stirring often, up to 76.7℃. Hold it at this temp for 5-10minutes.After that put peaches into bottom of secondary fermenter, and rack beer onto mashed peaches.

Note

(Use a straining bag or muslin bag to hold the fruit. because this way I end up with less mess to clean up in my fermenter).

I’m wondering about whether I should just only thaw, peeled and slice them and put it into a bottom of secondary fermenter or mash up (into puree) or crush them by food processor and put it into secondary fermenter. . .

Is there someone who can tell me which is the best way to add frozen peaches to secondary fermenter ?(I’m especially concerned with ratio of ingredients and how to prepare fruits before put it into secondary formenter).

What units are for ingredients? What's is 475 for peaches? Grams?
Puréed peaches will have more surface area and will impart flavor faster. But could also cause more haze.

I don't like cooking fruit - definitely don't boil it - mostly because of pectins. But some people swear by it. In any case I don't think it's necessary. Freezing will kill most bugs and will break down the cellular structure.

Finally. Peaches don't impart much flavor. And even that is very fleeting. So be prepared. Sometimes apricots can be used successfully to give you peach flavor.

Back