Please delete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
45163FDA-7AA0-437C-ABBF-E4AF1F0D010A.jpeg

About 30 years ago a friend of mine was really wasted. He thought it would be a good idea to call The White House and tell the President he was doing a good job. In order to get the number (this was pre internet) he first called the FBI.

True story.

Uhm....Kinky is catching a nap right now if that counts. But I'm sure Moo our "feral" is tossing a chipmunk around as we type. Oh and Bella brings us any bug she has killed before she eats it.

By my definition, yes. But probably not by many others'.

I don't like having pets of any kind in the house. I don't want anything that poos in non-toilet locations. I also don't want anything that sheds all over or knocks things down.

I grew up on a farm, our dogs stayed outside, and I think they appreciated being able to run around the yard and get dirty when they want. A few years ago I heard from a family member that they went to the humane society to adopt a dog and when the workers there heard that they would keep the dog outside that they refused to let them adopt a dog. I find that absurd.

So I don't currently have a dog, as my yard isn't very big. But I do aspire to someday have a property large enough to keep the husky I want to train to pull me on my bike, or maybe skis.

I grew up mostly on my grandparents farm. Their working dog slept at the foot of my grandfathers bed overnight. Any barn cat that wanted to was allowed to sleep in the screened porch at night. Only one or two did and not every night. The rest stayed in the barn or chicken houses (never bothered the chickens). Everyones idea of domesticated animal is different.

I live in the suburbs of Atlanta with a fenced in backyard. The most animals we've had at one time were 4 dogs and 3 cats. The dogs had 24/7 access to the house and fenced back yard (dog door). Every night when I got home the dogs would go on a 1-2 mile walk through the neighborhood without leashes. The Bassett we adopted struggled at first, but soon kept up with no problem.

We lost the last dog in 2015 (3 in that year and one cat). We now just have the hairless little sh*ts. Sure there's some up keep, but they never fail to bring a smile to my face no matter how bad my days been. Which reminds me....its been a little too quiet around here. I wonder what they're up too.

Bassetts, I've got a couple of friends with Bassett Hounds. Always reminds me of Quincy from the TV show Coach. The episode where Quincy was introduced the main characters asked the person at the shelter what Bassetts are like, and he basically responded that having a Bassett is like having a ficus.

Back