Please delete.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys, this is not a joke: this is really a thing that is really happening today for real.
How fast can you get to Maine?
https://www.facebook.com/events/1086837864722716/

Fullscreen capture 5172016 32652 PM.jpg

Tanngrisnir (Old Norse "teeth-barer, snarler") and Tanngnjóstr (Old Norse "teeth grinder") are the goats who pull the god Thor's chariot. They helped Thor battle the Jotuns (frost giants) by trampling some of them.

thorgoat.jpg

The goats are evolving, they've started brewing beer in space & drinking it on the beach.

So, i wonder how it would work brewing in space?
I mean being weightless, how would an airlock work? Would cold crashing actually drop the yeast out of suspension? Bottling or kegging would be a pain, i guess we would have to put everything into caprisun type pouches.
How would the yeasties like it? Where would the Krausen form?
These are questions that i want answers to!

So, i wonder how it would work brewing in space?
I mean being weightless, how would an airlock work? Would cold crashing actually drop the yeast out of suspension? Bottling or kegging would be a pain, i guess we would have to put everything into caprisun type pouches.
How would the yeasties like it? Where would the Krausen form?
These are questions that i want answers to!

1. it would need significant adjustments to the process
2. liquid based airlocks would not work, other airlocks would have to be used
3. cold crashing would not drop yeast out of suspension, filtering might be the best way
4. putting beer into kegs and bottles might be ok, but getting it out is the hard part. something collapseable like pouches would be the best bet.
5. yeast would be fine
6. krausen would be mixed in with the beer, as would co2, it would be a big foamy blob of everything.

Better questions:
how did you get the ingredients in space?
how can you justify that water usage?
how do you manage the the boil?
after too much to drink, you don't fall over, you don't stumble, what DO you do?
Are earth chicks really the easy ones?

Back