PLAYOFF HOCKEY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well we will see how the Bruins do tonight against the Blue Jackets. I am now behind the Islanders in their series since the Bolts are out of it.

Good luck all,

John

I'm torn between Avs (because Grubauer), Isles (because Trotz) bandwagons, or just doing what I do every year other than last year, and refuse to acknowledge that hockey still exists.

Nice! You could change it up this year and pick a second favorite team and get behind them. Could be cool and way more fun!

John

B's looked great for 17 minutes, way better start then the first round opening game...

[edit] Woof. That 2nd period was exhausting to watch. The BJs spent most of it running around in the B's end, no bueno. Still anyone's game...

[edit2] Busy night for Coyle but ended well. Blue Jackets are as advertised, this is gonna be a long series...

Last edited:
The Bruins/Bluejackets game was exciting to watch. Two overtime periods and I was sorry to see the Bruins loose that one. My Islanders also lost today to the Canes and they need to get going as well, since they are down two games.....

John

Flying back home from Eleuthera in the Bahamas is always a righteous pita and this trip was no exception as I rolled into the driveway four hours behind schedule - sans bags ("Thanks, Jet Blue!" :( )

Adding to the misery both the Bruins and the Celtics took losses on the same night. No bueno. Not many happy Greater Bostonians on that flight.
Currently exercising the keezer to knock the buzz out of my head...

I was hoping for an all-wildcard final four, but after the blatant flopping display by Lindell... go Blues.

Overall, I kinda want Columbus to take it. Would make trade deadline fun next year as other GMs try to "pull a Jarmo" and go for broke with a bunch of UFAs. :)

I'll back Columbus if the Isles lose. Which is likely now. What's the chance they could come back from 3-0 twice? Tough loss tonight, Lehner gave up the winning goal badly, and he knew it.

So the NHL will overturn a goal upon review if entry into the offensive zone on the score was off side, but they don't allow a review for the puck leaving the &%$#ing ice??

Well, sheeeeyit, that needs fixin'...

[edit] Bobrovsky has played all eight playoff games totally out of his mind. The guy is spooky good...

[edit2] Now a best of three series! :rock:

Last edited:
The Isles had a great season...until the last week. I'm looking forward to next year, but now I can watch playoff hockey in a more relaxed fashion.

"Goalie Bob" playin' out of his mind again. Hoping the B's can add some insurance soon!
[edit] And just like that....MARCHAND! :ban:

[edit2] Hoe Lee Cow. That one was tough to get through alive :D

Last edited:
Bruins are movin' on up! :ban::ban::ban:

bos.png

I can't believe I have to root for the 'Canes out out of the east now. I was hoping Johannson was going to take out Marchand in their first practice after he was traded.

Being a die hard Red Wings fan my whole life this is a bit of blasphemy, but I'm going to have to root for a team that hasn't brought home any cups yet, the Blues or Sharks are who I'm rooting for (in that order), that is if either team can survive their game 7s. I have to say, my NHL bracket is definitely busted, as I had the Bolts, Flames, and Isles as my top three choices...

I get it - the league is reinforcing its message that the game can be played without risking life and limb.
That said, imo McAvoy missed the intended point of impact and Anderson ducked right into the miss - had he not dropped his head McAvoy would have at most brushed his upper body with his shoulder.

Still, the league's intentions aren't a bad thing in the big picture. The NHL is not same league as when I listened to Bruins games using a pillow speaker 60 years ago, the era where Slap Shot was actually an understatement :eek: and mayhem was expected.

I think that's a good thing...

Cheers!

I was in the numb phase for awhile when the Bolts choked but I am getting into it again rooting for Boston!

John

Woof. Sketchy win tonight. 'Canes skate like friggin' bees in the O zone, Bruins were lucky to survive to the third period without being buried before the 'Canes got sloppy, took some stupid calls, and gave the Bs some daylight.

But I'll take it! :rock:

[edit] Find this surprising. At least the second part...

"1st time all Stanley Cup Playoffs Canes lose when leading a game heading into the 3rd period. It’s also 1st time in the post season Bruins win a game when trailing into the 3rd period."

Last edited:
Back