Plastic Gas Tube?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShutTheFermenter

Reaction score
I just got a keg from Adventures In Home Brewing and am very happy with it! However it came with a plastic gas tube, I thought they were always stainless steel. Has anyone ever used a plastic one? Should I replace it with a metal one?

that is a much older style keg probably 25+ years old and those plastic gas tubes are skinnier than the stainless ones and are all but impossible to find. If it breaks eventually or just gets gross you can do a google search for the exact size and method to drill out the post to swap it with a stainless one.

I had a couple that the plastic started to get crack lines in which I was uncomfortable with from a sanitation aspect. I gave the kegs to a buddy and he eventually drilled them all out and swapped the tube.

I bought some plastic keg lids just for the novelty of it. I imagine a plastic dip tube is no more of an issue than a plastic lid.

Back