Pizza Beer??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see this being a great timesaver for when I don't have time to drink beer AND eat pizza.

If they could add in some coffee and blueberry muffin, I'd literally be set for the whole day.

I've had an experimental batch of the stuff, not from the brewery though.

About 6 months ago, I was at the Roundhouse in aurora and a guy had brought in a bottle for some of the beer geeks on the staff to sample. As a reasonably good customer, I got a taste as well.

How did it taste?

Well, like pizza spices in beer. It wasn't bad. I guess it really would go well with pizza. But I can't say it's anything to get excited about... I mean, let's face it, the best part of the pizza is the sausage and pepperoni and you just can't put that into a beer. ;)

People may think Im weird for saying this....But one night After a few of us had way to much to drink, Someone spilled there SA all over the pizza we had just Ordered. I picked up a slice and let the excess beer run off it and ate it. For some reason it Tasted awesome to me and I do it to this day even when sober, Granted I dont dump a whole beer on it though.:D

RICLARK said:
People may think Im weird for saying this....But one night After a few of us had way to much to drink, Someone spilled there SA all over the pizza we had just Ordered. I picked up a slice and let the excess beer run off it and ate it. For some reason it Tasted awesome to me and I do it to this day even when sober, Granted I dont dump a whole beer on it though.:D
Yeah, I think you're weird - but that's not going to stop me trying it :mug:

Originally posted by Sir Humpsalot
the best part of the pizza is the sausage and pepperoni and you just can't put that into a beer.

Really?

Hmmm, I think I just might try.:cool:

don't knock it till you try it. ive had this and it sounds gross but its not. Very balanced and well done

Thanks for reminding me to make my pizza dough for tomorrows pizza.

Pizza and brewing goes together just as good as eating pizza and drinking beer, both will happen tomorrow!

OK, it's time to tell my "Pizza Beer" story that BrewPig has been alluding to.

Current batch of Cerveza, which I just kegged today, was sitting on the bench, just after adding water to bring the wort up to 23 Litres, and I noticed that I had some Liquid Malt Extract on the threads of the fermenter, where the cap screws on (still not using Carboys)

I grabbed a sponge and rinsed it out 4-5 times with hot water, then went to clean the sticky substance off the threads, as I knew if I didn't, the lid was NEVER going to come off in a couple of weeks when the fermenting process was finished. As I was wiping the threads, I heard a "Plop". I am thinking to myself, "what the HELL was that?"

I decided to ignore it and finished up cleaning, pitched the yeast, put the lid on and off to the tub of cool water. I left it for about 45 mins, and finally I just couldn't take it anymore... I scrubbed my hands, under my nails, then sanitised my hand and arm and went fishing... I found something on the bottom, and pulled it out.

It was a pencil eraser sized hunk of dried out cheese with tomato paste on it. :(

Not happy

I screwed the top back on and let it go.

Fermenting finished up 2 days ago and everything seems normal....

How's that for Pizza Beer?

Back