Pink or blue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForsythBrewery

Reaction score
Me and my wife are expecting our second child. We are having our gender revile party this weekend and I just happened to finish up on two 5 gal batch of wheat beer. I got thinking I should dye one pink and one blue just to add to the fun. Any body got any ideas to help make this happen???

P.S. I'm not trying to change the flavor of the beer just change its colors
Thanks FB

Since you're not looking to alter the flavor it's probably best to just go with food coloring. Pink should be easy with a little red dye, but blue may be problematic. Adding blue dye to a yellow beer may tend more toward a green result. Best to play around with coloring a pint or less to see how much to add and then scale up to the full batch.

What is a "gender revile party"? Sounds dreadful.

But then again, so does dyed beer :drunk:

Cheers! (and congrats!)

I agree with on two parts. Dreadful and dying beer. But to start at your first question its simply a small get together close friends and family and we revile the sex of our expecting baby. The wife is decorating the party color in pink and blue. So yea it will be dreadful. But thats were i save the day with my beer because beer makes everything better. And if i dye it for the party then i can enjoy it for the party

Reveal, you mean, right?
Test some food dye on a small amount of beer, I agree that is probably your best bet. And congrats!

Back