Pineapple Cider Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeeee

Reaction score
Hello

I want to make some pineapple cider. Do I need a special type of yeast for pineapple cider? As pineapple is more acidic than your usual apple juice say?

I've got some cider yeast which I bought from my local brewery shop. I've used this in the past for making apple cider. It doesn't have a name, but just says: "batch: Y28610". Can I tell what type of yeast it is from the batch no?

I was just going to use 3L of pineapple juice bought from the local supermarket, mix it with approx 1L of water and approx 100grams of brewing sugar. (then add the yeast)

The pineapple juice will be reconstituted pineapple juice with some pectin, vitamin c and flavour. (like most supermarket juice). It's not freshly squeezed or anything like that say.

Btw, would freshly squeezed pineapple juice work? Or would the pulp cause issues? When I used freshly juiced apples in the past, I found I had issues with the pulp. It was making the cider extremely cloudy and the yeasty bits mixed with the pulp taste kinda disgusting.....

Hello

I want to make some pineapple cider. Do I need a special type of yeast for pineapple cider? As pineapple is more acidic than your usual apple juice say?

I've got some cider yeast which I bought from my local brewery shop. I've used this in the past for making apple cider. It doesn't have a name, but just says: "batch: Y28610". Can I tell what type of yeast it is from the batch no?

I was just going to use 3L of pineapple juice bought from the local supermarket, mix it with approx 1L of water and approx 100grams of brewing sugar. (then add the yeast)

The pineapple juice will be reconstituted pineapple juice with some pectin, vitamin c and flavour. (like most supermarket juice). It's not freshly squeezed or anything like that say.

Btw, would freshly squeezed pineapple juice work? Or would the pulp cause issues? When I used freshly juiced apples in the past, I found I had issues with the pulp. It was making the cider extremely cloudy and the yeasty bits mixed with the pulp taste kinda disgusting.....

And? Did it work out? Looking for a pineapple cider recipe myself.

Back